sinnerman":320eyf5x said:
its mad i know, no offence was made ref age, i just remember being 14 at the time
I'm far too old to be offended by agre-related stuff ;)
No offence taken at all matey :cool:

sinnerman":320eyf5x said:
all konas are cool, and regardless of when they were made...as are voodoo, and all brodie bikes
Never heard of Voodoo until a few months back either :LOL:

Quite like how the Wifes one turned out (link in my signature - need to swap the cable for the replacements I bought but it's just about 'there' I think)..

Flicked a bit further through your pics... those splatter paint bikes are flipping lush :cool:

My Lava Dome's TBG badge -

CIMG0383.JPG

I wish i had one.

Note that I need one again hehe. Traded mine away for a early dynatech some years later.

I do remember mid-race cursing the sun tour crappy transmission as it was pre-hyperglide and used to skip like crazy.

I'd love to get my hands on a NOS one now. I take it this is near impossible?

sinnerman":1c6hv052 said:
yep i agree halfords isnt the best bike shop in the world, buy im thankfull for it, i did my work experience from school there, then a saturday job, then full time for a few years before going on to manage other peoples bike shops back in the day

To be fair, they do seem to have an eye for nice bikes at a good price when they try, Voodoo being one example.

sinnerman":1zjjwj9r said:
PurpleFrog":1zjjwj9r said:
another tbg!!!!!! kona lavadome, awesum, you have got sumthing legendary there............looks good too.

I love the thing - passionately, but not quite in an illegal way. A great thing about early Konas is that they often have Dupont Imron paint. This stuff is what they spray on helicopter gunships and buses. A few places in the US will spray bikes with it, but it's pricey because they stuff is so toxic you need to put on a spacesuit before you can spray. But it is very, very VERY tough. My Lave Dome had a very hard life before I got it and even a lot of the stainless steel was pitted with corrosion - the paint held up much better.

Back