Specialized S-Works steel

Ian916

Dirt Disciple
just in the process of putting this back to original spec,- got a correct crown race collar through the post today so could n't wait to put the original forks back in, - I will put the right head-set in on Friday, this is just offering it for a look. Need to find the original titanium stem and straight bars that are somewhere in the garage, - as well as my Salsa Jelly Bean wheel skewers.

I will write up the full spec soon, - but most is XT,- although the hubs are bit unusual; Hugi, - the rear having a really loud click to it. I also have some red Ritchy WCS tyres somewhere so might put those on.

Thanks to this website for pointing me in the right direction for the headset.

edit to add, - when I say original spec I mean the spec that I first built it as, - it came as a frame fork and stem.

Attachments

• Imgp3926rs.jpg
    Imgp3926rs.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 3,472
this is the huggi hub

love the sound of this hub.

Attachments

• Imgp3928rs.jpg
    Imgp3928rs.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 3,464
Coming along nicely.

Once you've sorted the bar/stem combo out it'll look good, and yup, change the tyres ;)

Pickle":3repmvvy said:
change the tyres

I had the idea that this would be a bike to ride to the station and leave there for the day in the hope that nobody would realize it's value and it would still be there when I came back.... :? I am now not so sure that is a good idea so might use it as it was intended, and sell my Trek Fuel.

really like the hugi hubs and the 3x butted steel frame :D

what is that by the top tube/ seat tube junction? Thought it was a coupler or something as if this frame folds :p

long time since I have posted on here, - and thinking of selling the S-works depending on what it is worth. Anybody out there able to offer an advice?

Ian916":to4sv8jq said:
long time since I have posted on here, - and thinking of selling the S-works depending on what it is worth. Anybody out there able to offer an advice?

part it out on ebay. The wheels will sell quickly, so will the frameset.

could be interested by the wheelset to put on the same frame I have got,
what it is the exact ref of your rims ? and what is the front hub ?

interested as well in the spe bar ;)

thanks guys, I will spec out the whole bike over the weekend and post up the details. -I would still be interested on opinions on value, - the frame, fork, seatpost, ti stem, headset were £749 when new if I remember correctly!

edit, just gone out to the garage!

The front hub is also a Hugi, - rims are Mavic 230SP, 32 hole, DT d/butted spokes, silver aluminum nipples. - Hand made of course!

Chainset, Vee brakes, shifters, front and rear mech, cassette all XT

Seat is Specialized Ti rail Wilderness Trail design. I am pretty sure I still have the original Ti stem and Specialized straight bars.

Back