:LOL: I don't think age is relevant (what with me being 44 an' all)...

Only looked at MBUK for the first time in (probably) '92 and bought my bike (Kona.. Cinder Cone) in '93..

Wish I'd have seen these earlier ones though.. :cool:

89 / 90 model to be precise :LOL: The 88/89 model has rear U brake as yours does.

Its one of my fav bikes in my collection, It rides and handles like no other and can take a good thrashing.

Was out on it at the weekend giving it some stick :LOL:

021-1.jpg

We had sloping top tubes before the Kona ;)

There should be quite a few threads on TBG/Kona/Brodie and their relation to Rocky Mountain

Though any good hard information is much appreciated and you'll find the cats in the Archive, though if you can make better copies please do :D

As for the oldest bloke here to mountain biking, I doubt it we have some of the originals here :D

Everytime i set my eyes on an early splatter U braked Kona it makes me want one!
Love the Cindercone especially, very cool!.. it's certainly a personal favourite from that time :cool:

Interesting my 91 cinder cone has the TBG sticker at the bottom of the seat tube would this mean I have a Kona/Brodie built frame :?

I had the splatter cinder cone which didn't have u-brake to the rear - would that have been a 1990 model? Bought it in Cheltenham at BikeTech after drooling over it for months whilst i saved up...

I really need a mint one now. Who here is bored of theirs ? C'mon help a brother out... ;)

Back