91 Saracen Trekker Hydrotech

That rusty bolt in the fork crown is doing my head in. :LOL:
Lovely bike though. Real shame Saracen aren't what they used to be ( as with many others ).

Michael.

I discovered a small crack in the headtube on this bike couple of weeks ago when looking at it :evil: I was pretty annoyed as I love this bike and its the decals on it that make it such an unusual bike, no one has any artwork to be able to reproduce if I had fixed and re finished........

But luckilly for me Ebay has come to the rescue with a donor bike :D I snatched it for peanuts and cost me more in fuel to collect :roll: Its an 18" frame and my original is a 16" which to be honest was slightly on the small side. The strange thing is both frames have the same headtube size of 100mm :shock:

The original was very original and has been used a lot in its previous life, It has the original saddle which is past its best, seized pedals etc etc. I have spent most of the afternoon cleaning 19 years of muck and grime off the frame and forks.

I have started the sad process of dismantling my Trekker and have started to transfer the parts across onto the donor frame and will post a pic up when its done this week.

TrekkerPair1.jpg

Trekkerpair2.jpg

Where abouts was the crack? Any photos? Paranoia means I will check mine tomorrow!

Such great bikes! Love mine.

TBH it seems most alloy Saracens are prone to this unfortunatley :roll: And dont I just know it from the Conquest !

The crack is a small hairline on RHs of headtube decal starting at top for about 45mm, I will try and get a photo and let you know.

Dont know why but never thought of it on mine. I just assumed it was an alpinestar and manitou problem :shock:

Oh dear. Best go easy on mine.

Balls. On the plus side at least the "new" should be a better fit.

Cheers for the pic

I have one of these in my parents shed in the UK. It's a black one. I was just daydreaming about it and thought I'd google the model to see if I could find some pics. Seeing you guys doing yours up is making me want to do the same. I live in Sydney now but next time I go back to visit I think I will grab whatever is left of it and get it back together!

Had many fond memories on my Saracen. Was very expensive to fix when vandals cut the brake cables though.

My name is Jamie, and I like early Saracens!

Back