Peugeot CP10 - what have I bought ?

The Don

Retro Newbie
I'm afraid it's not really a retro bike because it's only about 10 years old but it does have cylindrical tubing and drop handlebars. I bought it off e-bay for £100 with a view to using it as a training/triathlon machine (the hybrid I was using wasn't particularly quick).

It feels like a pretty good bike and it "sure is purdy".

Please be kind with the description, I know not of what I speak

- It's white with red decals
- Looks built for durability rather than speed
- Has Shimano 1055 brakes/shifters
- Campagnola 9 speed cassette
- Look clip-n pedals

I can find practically no reference to it online apart from a three year old post from the Hemel Hempstead Cycling Club forum

A mate of mine is selling his racing bike, a Peugeot Competition CP10 with Vuelta Airline wheels. White and Red. Unknown frame size but he is 5'11".

Its about 5 or 6 years old but hardly used in good condition, fitted with Look pedals, shoes available also at size 9.

If anyone is interested, this could be a reasonably good bargain, call xxxxxxxxx on xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
He is open to offers, he paid over a grand back then, but he's not expecting mega bucks so ring him and arrange to view or make an offer.

I'm as happy as a happy thing with it, just wondering whether anyone could shed any light on its provenance.

I'll post pictures when I'm able

A little more detail about the components

I've had a look at the bike a bit more:

- Gears - Camagnolo Mirage 9 speed
- Frame "Speciali Trifilati Acciaio CMn Aelle Tre Tubi"
- Wheels - Vuelta Airline 2
- ITM
- Brakes - Saccon

I'll upload some pictures later

Found something about the frame

From this site:

http://www.equusbicycle.com/bike/columb ... schart.htm

Set for amateur and touring cyclists, built of cold-drawn, microalloyed-steel thin-wall tubing which makes it especially lightweight.
CMn Steel - Weight: 2345 g

Sounds like it's too good for me if anything ;-)

BTW the bike was £102 including:
- A basic computer
- 2 pairs of shoes one compatible with pedals newish another SPDs (new)
- A new spare set of Look cleats
- A new set of front cogs (Campagnolo)
- Various tools (including a dinky little Topeak pump and a Topeak multi-tool)[/b]

First "proper" ride

I had my first proper ride this morning, five times around the Bristol Downs (a very flat route).

16 miles covered comfortably in just under an hour. Not TdF pace for sure but not bad for an old fat lad still trying to work out how to get his flipping feet out of the flipping pedals.

I reckon the highest my pulse rate got was when I had to suddenly brake behind an idiot in a Volvo who stopped unexpectedly rather then drive through a gap you could have got a bus through. Stopping wasn't too bad but I must have looked a sight flailing around trying to free a foot to put down.

Tell me it'll get easier !

Back