BoTM August 2010 - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
72tunaboat":bqmwkpia said:
My Mongoose. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a good bike photo...

summer2010017.jpg

summer2010013.jpg

Your pics has prompted me that I need to get going on restoring the black finish on mine, which is in rough shape! ;)

Wow weren't you a bit scared? I know I was when I was just chilling out on a field with my girlfriend last summer and all of a sudden a whole herd of them came our way :shock: I know most cows are pretty docile but they can potentially be very dangerous if they want :shock:

I had a dream...........

......Thank you to the founding fathers of mtbking!!!!!!! Before you, there were road bikes and odd bikes and strange bikes...and no definition. Rewind 20 years or so.......to the great british beginning as I remember......Our first offering, the 5 speed Raleigh Maverick with side pull brakes, 2" steel rims. Our second offering, and the beginning of legends.....the very cool, original white Muddy Fox Courier. Cantilever brakes, Shimano 18 speed index shifting and alloy wheels. Fast forward some more.....thank you Shimano, 21 speed hyperglyde gears, SLR brakes, superglyde biopace chain rings, all wrapped around a neon orange and yellow Raleigh Ozark. For some, the evolution of the mountain bike had begun.......At 14, a boy outside the bike shop window, amazed at the sight before him. Evolution becomes Revolution. What was this before me....? With sloping top tube and project 2 forks, a 'U' brake on top in its proper place and an obscene display of paintwork never before have we seen this outlandish geometry or style in Great Britain....For me, the birth of the mtb with suitable geometry and revolutionary new ideas that are still heavily used on most production hardtails today.......I give you......MY KONA CINDERCONE!!![/u][/b]

Attachments

• 0015.JPG
    0015.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,888
  • 2021.JPG
    2021.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,547
Can I throw my Pace RC100Team into the hat please - mainly because I've never put one of my bikes in before and its the only one I've actually got finished pics of (bad pic though I know!)

Attachments

• Pace Rc100 Team.jpg
    Pace Rc100 Team.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,219
72tunaboat":16tkttxx said:
My Mongoose. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a good bike photo...

To be fair, the photo's aren't that bad, but because you are leaning it up against something it needs to have few distractions from the subject. I think if you just used a strimmer to take down the long grass up against the cladding and took the same photos again, that would be a big improvement. Ha look at me giving advice to people about their photos, and i don't even have a bike to photograph that is worthy of BOTM :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back