Litespeed Titanium FS

You have a Miyata Elevation 2,000 as well?? Like this?

I had more or less the same experience. My Verlicchi weighs less than my zero suspension e-stay Panasonic MC-Comp, in this case even though the MC-Comp's parts aren't heavier. The frame does simply a half kilo more!

Atmaka,

Maybe it was a bit disappoining for you having to use V-brakes on your ride. Me too think such is indeed the only acceptable performing option for your bike. Fortunately there are various V's. Paul and ControlTech did them too for example. I imho they have more class than regular early gen V's from Shimano. They would complement the build better. I can tell from own experience the ControlTech V's perform really well. Very easy to setup, ti hardware and great stopping power.

Your bike has got to be the best Retro bike in history.
I just wish they still made 'em like that now. All the new full-sus bikes are big, ugly things that just dont look like MTB's any more!
Congrats on reviving one of the best, dream bikes of its day.

Photo Update!

On Road mode: On! :D
cantilever replaced with v-brake, mavic rims with 26x1.5 semi slick tires, add a tail light, cyclometer, saddle bag, and clipless pedal. Ready to ride..

cimg6351pj1.jpg

cimg6349cz0.jpg

cimg6394vb5.jpg

cimg6414ji6.jpg
[/img]

24pouces":fgb58m46 said:
For the rear brake : the cable hanger is on the shocker : When the suspension moves, the shocker moves too, and the cable hanger is going nearer to the brakes caliper.
The cable hanger has to be on the swing arm !
I understand why cannondale had developped the Force 40 braking system : It would be a problem to fix the cable hanger on the swingarm…

The rear brake hanger is effectively fixed to the swingarm. If you study the pics, when the rear shock compresses the hanger doesn't move in relation to the cantis. Still doesn't explain its stated poor performance though. Ahh but if you study the pics really closely the shock and hence the cable hanger will move in a slight arc during compression. Thats why the brakes don't work. Problem solved. Off to bed

That's a great bike man!

Reminds me of flicking through imported copies of MTBA and seeing these amazing things in the black and white adds placed by the american bike shops.

They never seemed to be reviewed by UK mags at the time (probably no importer I suppose).

Back