Raleigh Dynatech Mission

I had my Mission today, just arrived. Tomorrow I will take some pictures of the frame. I also get some spare parts as a gift that belongs to the bike.

I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to build a Single Speed bike with some modern components or rebuild as original.

The picture is going to help me a lot if I decide to rebuild the bike, many thanks Russell for posting it.

Chrisk I haven't decide yet what to do with the frame, but thanks for your offer.

What you guys think in making the Mission a single speed or rebuild as it was new?
Give me yours opinion

Hell, it has to be as new, do the frame justice! :D

Reading through this and looking at the bike pic reminds me of my old hero of the mid-90's David Baker. He was a living legend! Anyone know what he is up to now?

If I’m going to build it as new I need some help from you guys because in Portugal it’s hard to find used parts of English bikes. I’m going to paint the frame in black color like the pick. My first problem is the decals. I have found one for the head tube but can’t find the other's one.

Jose

Just in case you have decided to go for the as new rebuild, have put my x-Mission DX stuff and front wheel on ebay (links under for sale forum).

was definitely a great bike in it's day, made all my mates jealous when I turned up for that first 'new bike' group ride.

Shame I scrapped mine - thought it was beyond repair though as some 'proffessional' bikeshop managed to crack the alloy cast head tube whilst hammering ( :x ) in a new headset cup - Be careful if you are doing it.

I drilled and araldited the crack and it lasted for another 6 years though, but then the bb and headset both went so chucked it - wish i'd kept it now.

Did my first descent of Snowdon on it back in the day before the curfew - those were the days. Bikes and components were tough as old boots back then, not like the replace a week stuff now.
:LOL:

My Dynatech-Raleigh Mission Frame pics

Mission_1.jpg

Mission_2.jpg

Mission_3.jpg

Mission_4.jpg

Mission_5.jpg

Mission_6.jpg

Mission_7.jpg

Mission_8.jpg

Mission_9.jpg

Mission_10.jpg