Great Britain

jez-2-many-bikes":3gn54i9a said:
Erm..

Alcohol related violence - sounds nasty.

We are having a spout of child shootings currently.... :cry:

Public transport - joke.
Cost of living - joke
Weather - joke
British TV - joke
British newspapers & Media - oh my god what a major joke

Oh I could go on....

There' an irony, British newspapers? Aren't they all owned by an Australian?

jez-2-many-bikes":1fhq7ut8 said:
We are having a spout of child shootings currently.... :cry:

Public transport - joke.
Cost of living - joke
Weather - joke
British TV - joke
British newspapers & Media - oh my god what a major joke

Oh I could go on....

Yeah heard about that boy that got shot the other day on Sky UK.. The Youth of Today certainly seem more troubled than they ever used to be [bah humbug].. Does it start with the parents? [Discuss]

Anyways, I guess there's a lot for me to get used/adapt to.. At least the beer will be good ;)

I've lived in the UK all my life so I've not got much to compare to, but the only reason I'd move anywhere would be to experience something different for a while. Where you grew up will always be your yardstick against which you measure anywhere else.

It's each individual and their attitude that influences how they see the world. I could be a violent alcoholic with chips on both shoulders anywhere in the world, or I could be the eternal optimist who wakes up to a wet, cold morning and looks forward to riding to work in the rain.

Having said all of that, there are so many things I'd miss if I moved abroad. Good beer is fairly high up the list (available almost everywhere at a reasonable price). The natural beauty of the English countryside is another, and heck the weather isn't all that bad - at least we have definable seasons with something to look forward to in each of them.

Simon":1rvooxcv said:
- at least we have definable seasons with something to look forward to in each of them.
Simon i sure agree with what you wrote BUT that sentice is totally wrong. This and most of the recent summers have had nothing to look forward to unless you include the all too brief breaks of summer weather. I've had to switch on the heating on two days in August :shock: That is not right. Summer should last from May too Sept. With some rain to keep the water companies from having a hose pipe ban.
Still always next year :?

In the last 2 years, my brother and his wife moved to Sydney, my best mate and his fiancee moved to Ontario (and his brother and his wife moved to Vancouver), my folks moved to Spain, and my sister and niece have just decided to move to be with my brother in Oz..

I think they might be trying to say something to me :roll:

Bro loves it in Oz (good job, just flogged his UK flat for £100k more than he bought it for..), mate in Ontario has 80 acres of plum MTB/MotoX/Jeep riding land (git), Vancouver dude just agreeing on buying larger amount of land to build downhill trails and make a business out of it, folks live 30 mins ride from Pyrenees.... Everyone seems to have made heaps of cash selling UK houses and moved!

As for me, if i don't pay £200 arrears of council tax by next week i'm in court :cry: guess who feels like a lemon?

I want to move but i just love the south downs, for my sins! ;) !

m@ttster":1rrmfura said:
I

As for me, if i don't pay £200 arrears of council tax by next week i'm in court :cry: guess who feels like a lemon?

I want to move but i just love the south downs, for my sins! ;) !

Long live the South Downs & North Downs :D & F**K the council :twisted:

Good for you! Get an idea and go for it!!

I am in awe of anyone who can move continent.

I was going to move to bristol (60 miles away) and couldn't do it! :LOL:

Nice to see you and your collection over here at the meets!

kingroon":9cxhh1cf said:
M@ttster, hope you avoided court mate..

Another article from the TO.. UK Comes in at #17 in Top 20 countries for quality of life.. Yes, yes, Austrlia is #3 ;)

Can't quite figure how that has been worked out - other than the fact it's from the bloody ToryGraph...

I've lived in France, Germany, Finland over the years.

Can't understand how France and Finland are so low down (Finland - 5 million people, 3.5 million suanas, 120,000 lakes doesn't that say something about a country!) and how Germany doesn't even make the cut...

But Spain does...

Interesting. Now I wonder where most of the readers of that rag end up living...

Back