GT LTS 3000 in Russia (Update - waiting for CNC)

haydnw - Thanks alot once again.

I'm getting my newly CNC'd suspension link parts next week. SO I hope to build a bike with them, test and then disassembly it again to go on with final polishing and painting.

I just rebuilt the suspension using freshly manufactured parts.
Everything seems fine.

I also got a reworked rear disk brake adaptor to be compatible with HONe rear hub. I need only to make a hole in the frame and tap a thread to fix it.

Now I'm waiting for my order from CRC with fox rear shock, chain and cogs.

By the way I disassembled a Superdeluxe, And I see that it's possible to rebuild it but I need an old Deluxe to do it.

Hi guys!

I'm now a happy owner of fully rebuilt linkage system with custom alloy parts and roller bearings from GT.

I bought Rock Shox Deluxe from Canada. and now waiting for last batch of parts for my LTS and my old Klein, which was lucky enough to obtain a RS SID SL from 2002 King headset and Deore/XT drivetrain from the begining of 2000's.

I'll post some pictures later.

I'll post during build-time.

BTW - I bought the rear shock which is RS deluxe - with only damper control and no other adjustments for 160$ from Canada. It fits in - like a charm.

But at Friday I found that CRC is selling Scott Octane frame equipped with RS Super Deluxe for 180 quids. I think that I should buy it becauseI can use an RS SD for my LTS and use frame later. It's an interesting looking frame and it could be equipped with any other shock later.
Quite tempting... Should I buy it?

mihalich did you buy that 'schwinn 4 banger' rear shock and try it in the trunnion? Obviously it's a bollocks way to judge, but the picture *looks* like the threaded section is way too narrow.
edit: changed my mind it looks the same width as my rock shox coupe deluxe, I didn't realise there were different trunnions.

I bought a fox shock for a cannondale jekyll (also from CRC, also pretty cheap), hoping it would fit, and the size is just slightly wrong (will probably try to rethread the shock, or buy another trunnion mount and rethread that... yes that's probably a better option!)

Great bike, and you're doing some amazing work! Any plans to produce more of those parts? There's fewer and fewer places to get them...

Back