The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas on what a Giant GSR 300 may be worth? Struggling to find much information about them, no idea even of the rough age.

THanks

Re: '95 Team Marin with XT kit - what's it worth?

MTBer4life":ey3gckyv said:
Hi, looking a getting an idea of how much my brother's cherished 1995 Team Marin with Manitou 2's and XT/XTR kit. 20" frame has been nickel-plated and needs polishing but other than that it is good nick. It's super light and rides well (I've taken it up & down Ben Nevis because I didn't want to wreck my Orange!). Any ideas would be appreciated.

If all the kit's original and in good condition it should make around £200 to £300 I think. Post a picture up and someone will be able to give you a better valuation. ;)

coomber":33v2zy87 said:
XT thumbies around £30. Maybe £35 if clamps all good.

Must be popular - how about decent condition Deore, I'd guess about £20 (2/3rds of XT), you think? :)

Think I paid £20 for my deore. Good condition.

Both XT and Deore come up quite a lot so if you search the for sale forum you'll get a better idea. These are my ball park figures to help.

:LOL:

I going to be replacing the drive gear off my 1997 Kona Explosif shortly

consists of

Sugino Cranks - Middle ring has been replaced
XT delore front mech
XT shifters and cables
XT 8 speed cassette
XT Delore rear mech

DSC003Large-1.jpg

DSC009Large-1.jpg

DSC004Large.jpg

What would the above be roughly worth as a job lot , so i can gauge how much i'll need to put in to replace the new bits i'm still short of?

I have a Marin Quake 5.0, cost £600 new in 2000 i was looking around the £80 mark do you think anyone would be interested at that price?

Epoch":3to80b46 said:
I going to be replacing the drive gear off my 1997 Kona Explosif shortly

consists of

Sugino Cranks - Middle ring has been replaced
XT delore front mech
XT shifters and cables
XT 8 speed cassette
XT Delore rear mech

What would the above be roughly worth as a job lot , so i can gauge how much i'll need to put in to replace the new bits i'm still short of?

Cranks and cassette depends on the condition entirely. Craks arent known by me so hard to tell, but the front mech about £15, rear about £20 if both good condition, slightly more if mint. That's what I paid for mine a month or so back and they were both good condition. Cassette if M737 can be worth a bit if in good condition, about £30 and more if in good nick. Like I say, all depends on wear.

Thanks Coomber

Maybe i'll break it all up for the sale section but I would like to sell it complete,

Hopefully it will all be available for viewing next week as the new bits should be here.

A few closeup pics should display true condition, i'm told it's in very good nick but wouldn't know myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back