Back in the Saddle after 12 years....

sturedd

Dirt Disciple
At last i am back in the saddle after 12 years out of it and regretting it. I have finally got of my lazy arse and bought another bike. A retro, about 1993, maybe earlier, Holdsworth Professional 531 tubed road bike with a full Shimano 105 Groupo rare nowadays i gather. I am amazed at the condition of it given its age. Not a mark on it minto. Cost me £120, not sure if i paid over the odds for it but hey....never mind. I would love to get something like my old Giant Cadex CFR, stunning bike that was. But what is really spooky is the Holdsworth is exactly the same as one i used to have back in the early 90's.....queue Twilight Zone music!!

The only things i have added since this picture is a Flite Gel Titanium Saddle.

This forum is very cool and loving scanning through the various topics. I have the bug back now and want to build an early 90's Specialized Stumpjumper Pro Hardtail of couse, with Kona Project 2 forks, none of this girly suspension!! and all resprayed in black. The tears are welling up.

Attachments

• 14-08-07_2050.jpg
    14-08-07_2050.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 1,360
Welcome to the forum and glad to hear you're back in the saddle.

Holdsworth looks like a bargain for 120.

My eyes... I haven't seen one of those for a while! Very cool bike with a real retro flavour...

Loving the full 105 groupset too! :cool:

That's a great find and a top bargain, provided a nice reminisce (sp?) about my long departed Holdsworth Avanti

For £120, that looks good indeed.........downtube levers and aero brakes always make me feel nostalgic! And nice groutin' on the floor tiles, if I may say so...............

Latest posts

Back