• Google+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ya'll...

Excellent webite.. thought I'd finally pop in and say hello. I've been MTBing since 1989... I've owned a number of mountain bikes: Muddy Fox, Marin, Cannondale stuff like that and I'm a lover of many others that I haven't owned.

Anyway that's me; I look forward to getting involved :D

yo...

Intro...
• Name's David, live in ATL, GA aka "the states".
• Found the site searching for red Ritchey Z-Max tires
• I've been riding more than 15 years now
• I don't know how to ride a full-suspension, it's not in my vocabulary - HARDTAIL or nothing (same holds true for automatic transmissions, I can't drive them, only manuals)
• I have three Cannondales (all pre 2000) only two are built - by me (other was my original M700 - retired as a champion) :shock:
• My wife rides a 2000 hardrock (built and reliable)

As far as the site goes, I like what I see and am glad that I found it.
Laters,
David

I'm Kev <<<<<<<

Riding MTB's 1988-1998, and again for the last 6 week.

I used to do a little racing in my 'teens

Found the site a while ago, somebody posted a picture of me......

Trying to get back on the bike while my racing car is being upgraded and money is tight :roll:

Riding the bike i had in for my first year of expert racing in '94. Its a 23lb carbon hardtail, with knackered forks a rake of titanium and lightweight stuff, XT/XTR and still massive fun :)

Kev Duckworth":1zzdkerl said:
I'm Kev <<<<<<<

Riding MTB's 1988-1998, and again for the last 6 week.

I used to do a little racing in my 'teens

Found the site a while ago, somebody posted a picture of me......

Trying to get back on the bike while my racing car is being upgraded and money is tight :roll:

Riding the bike i had in for my first year of expert racing in '94. Its a 23lb carbon hardtail, with knackered forks a rake of titanium and lightweight stuff, XT/XTR and still massive fun :)
Hi Kev , i recognise your name i used to race with you in NEMBA's and BMBF races back in the nineties . I've got some scanned results from some NEMBA races on my facebook page which your in . Theres a photo of me on my Dave Yates which is in BOTM you might recognise me .Good to see you on here

Hi

Hi all,
I found this forum while searching for parts for my 99 Sunn Bmix that I'm currently recommissioning. As well as the Bmix I also ride a late 70's early 80's-ish Knight that I rebuilt a couple of years ago.

I'm off to post some pic's of each bike in the relevant sections.

See ya around!

Loz. :D

Hello all,

Just joined the forum hoping to find more information and guidance about a Giant GSR 300 bike I recently bought. I have no idea when it's from etc.

It's going to be my commuter bike, so nothing too fancy.

From West Yorkshire area.

Signing in

Hi all,

I stumbled across this site a while back, seen it refered to in magazines a couple of times and been dropping in off 'n' on for a while, but now joined.
I much prefer older bikes, I still have my first mountain bike, a 1991 Trek 850 with Suntour XCE group set. Since then I've added a few others, incuding a pair of 10th Anniversary Orange Clockworks in frosted green, plus a frame, A C16R project, 2x Pashley Land Rover XCB's, one green, one project in yellow. A 'new' mid 90's P7 frame in Bomber Orange. A Trek STP 200. A KHS STP Comp. 2x Moulton APB's.
A couple of Hybrids, and several road bikes.
I'm a serial collector, just don't get me started on watches!

ATB,

Defender.

Remember your obsession...?!

Hi

Although I am listed as a newbie, I would like to thank retro bike and all its users for a fantastic site that I have used to purchase some very cool and retro parts for a lot of my builds and my friends custom builds over the years.

After 20 years and an entire family being around the bicycle trade, I took a small change in career direction. That was until recently when a very old and cherished friend planted a seed.....

Just a small idea of organising a retro ride, took me away from my Rocky Mountain Blizzard and onto my childhood and resurrecting awesome inventions such as the Kona Cindercone and the Kona Explosive.

Since then, I am again like a man obsessed!

Sinnerman

Attachments

• 2021.JPG
    2021.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 2,507
Hello All,

A similar theme to many others, riding for a few years, did then something else, and now I'm back on the mtb trail.

Recently acquired a 2000 Sub 5.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back