The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

I've just found a couple of modern/semi-retro pics on one of my old flash drive. Thought I'd post up and share:

Orange Patriot (not sure of the year)
Dent29thDecember2005010.jpg

Specialized Stumpjumper (2002?)
TheStumpjumper002.jpg

Didn't own the Patriot for long, but had the Stumpy for around 4 years. Stumpy was an excellent bike, never once let me down.

What's everyone been up to then? It's been very quiet in the NWA recently.

Unfortunately I won't be there for the Big Dirty Weekender as I'm away on a short holiday.
However I reckon a little ride or two is due during August. And we should really do something on 10/10/10 to celebrate the first anniversary of the Llandegla NWA pioneers ride.

Any suggestions for locations at all anyone?

Finally to the NWA Mayhem team, I haven't forgotten that we still need to do our debrief, ride and curry.
Once Woody stops working all his overtime to buy Yetis etc, we may all be available at some point.

I've not had an offroad ride since April :shock: and the road rides are just pottering / commuting :(

Don't think we have a ride organised for August do we, only a suggestion but how about Whinlatter on the 28/9th?

sinnett177":2vxj85vq said:
Don't think we have a ride organised for August do we, only a suggestion but how about Whinlatter on the 28/9th?

Whinlatter sounds good but that date is a bit close to the OWMTBC isn't it? How about a week earlier? Would that make it the 21/22nd August...?

drystonepaul":15mqkttt said:
sinnett177":15mqkttt said:

Whinlatter sounds good but that date is a bit close to the OWMTBC isn't it? How about a week earlier? Would that make it the 21/22nd August...?
It would but I can only do the 22nd and thats at a push as i'm working that night.

We should be ok for the 28/29th, if anyone is wishing to take part in OWMTBC they really do need to get a move on. What do you think Paul?

I'm more than happy to go for the 28th or 29th. My preference would be the Saturday.

And it'll be good to meet you Earl... :D

Back