The Black Knight.

loz

Retro Newbie
Here's my pride & joy, It's a Wolverhampton built Knight frame from the late 70/ early 80's that I bought from my local bike shop it belonged to one of the older guys who originally had it built as a time trial frame which is why there is so much clearance at the back, it used to run a larger wheel at the rear apparently.

IMG_0020.jpg

When I bought the frame it was in it's original paint but lacked any decals & looked very tired. I had it cleaned & repainted & then I built into the bike you see here. I originally had a set of Lambert brakes fitted which looked the part but when I decided to to the London to Brighton bike ride this year I swapped to some more efficient callipers as the thought of going down Ditchling beacon with mushy brakes didn't fill me with joy!

The frame builder who made Knight bikes still worked in Wolverhampton & now makes wheels up for Moulton Bikes. I contacted him to found out if he had any pictures of the original stickers so I could get some new ones made, he did even better than that & dug out a two Knight decals & a badge for the head tube, top bloke!

IMG_0022.jpg

Other nice bits include Nitto Pearl stem & Nitto bars, Shimano 105 mechs & a Duraace down tube shifters & new twiddly bits for adjusting the rear spindle.

IMG_0021.jpg

I nearly lost the bike soon after building it when I came out of a super market in town I caught a scrote with a set of bolt cutters around the lock! I chased after him & ended up getting bopped on the head with the bolt cutters but at least I kept the bike! :LOL:

Anyone else with a Knight on here?

Cheers

Loz. :D

Back