Pug 2000 Comp info & suggestions thanks :-)

tonyf39

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi, looking for for more onfo & possibly original equipment on a NOS Peugeot 2000 Competition made with Columbus Thron custom tubing in glossy black with yellow & green trim. I've read they may have been sold in Germany in the 1997-98 year & this model isn'y in John's Archive Pug Catalogue with the Thron tubing.
This one was built up with:
Shimano 2x7 RSX sti's/Rear mech with 300ex front
Miche Team Chainset/Cassette/hubs
Yellow Rigida Ultimate deep rims/Vittoria Pro Team Techno tyres
Yellow ITM stem/ ITM Europa bars
San Marco Concor Light Black & Yellow
Italian made aero seatpost
Poxy Tektro dual pivots :shock:
Lastly some bog standard flat with toe clips.
I'd like to replace the brake calipers and pedals at least, any other suggestions?
4842589516_19cff2c2e0_b.jpg

legrandefromage":2pdv7fg1 said:
Thron tubing is rather like Reynolds' 520 and is a bit, er, agricultural

I had an earlier version of this bike but it was only a frame I'd bought
Thanks for the helpful comment :roll:

I really like it - steel and straight fork blades always do it for me, and I like the stem loads.
I wouldn't mess with it, apart from:
* Neutral bar tape
* Your preferred pedal
* Period-ish Shimano brakes - but just for function over anything else. I'd also think off-the-beaten-track stuff, not from a big player. I'd suggest the Miche brakes you can buy online in silver or black for sub-£20, but I can assure you they are worse than useless
* Other than that, depends what you're thinking of using it for?

...actually, these Miche brakes would suit your bike well and hardly cost anything. I've been through two sets, both of which packed in, but both were involved in a very hard life on a commuter. If you kept them clean I'm sure they'd be fine.

Back