Marin Eldridge Grade 1999 (I think)

Rosescapes

Retro Newbie
Think this is a 1999 model - I got it 1998 or 1999 so around then anyway. Just found some of the old bits I changed off it so thought I would clean it up and build it back up as original for old times sake! Now need to spend some money to get the forks serviced as not looked at for about 10 years and feels like it!

Attachments

• DSC_0329.JPG
    DSC_0329.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 2,026
  • DSC_0328.JPG
    DSC_0328.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 2,027
Nice
I have a1997 Eldridge I'm considering converting to drops.
How do you find the v brakes with drop shifters?

Nice
I have a1997 Eldridge I'm considering converting to drops.
How do you find the v brakes with drop shifters?
Wasn't expecting them to work from what I had read but feel pretty good actually. Don't know if the Avid V use less cable pull than the Shimano V and that is why they work okay.

Thanks, happy with it. Combination feels fine so far. Have enough power in them to lock up if necessary!
...one thing I can't get working though is the triple front shift with the old LX chains. I can choose any 2! Guessing the spacing on the older chainsets is wider than the new ones, otherwise doesn't make sense to me as I got the triple shift Sora levers.

...one thing I can't get working though is the triple front shift with the old LX chains. I can choose any 2! Guessing the spacing on the older chainsets is wider than the new ones, otherwise doesn't make sense to me as I got the triple shift Sora levers.
Did you swap the MTB front mech for a road front mech?

Back