Ti-Fat-Man's Ti Fat

You could go the suspension way...a nice pair of blue SID's would look great!

How's the hunting coming along?

Rich

Hi rich, I've got to go with a rigid theme so sus is out on this build.
Got a deal going on with Rody, hopefully going to build me a Yo copy fork, as he's building one up for a Yo aqua that he's scored on the bay.
Things have gone a bit slack in the 'bike build' department, I've just dropped £700 on a roof rack for my defender! Trying to sort my camping accommodation out for the 2006 season. I'll be the idiot sleeping in a tent on the top of my car! Still on track thou to take a couple of bikes to the ssmm meet, properly have room in the tent for the bikes!!
cheers alan.

Looks like Alan has finished his ti-fat. If these ti fats keep appearing they could win BOTM from now 'il Christmas.

Looks awesome, especially with the Big One copy forks welded up expertly by Rody.

Attachments

• pics02.jpg
    pics02.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 3,760
  • pics03.jpg
    pics03.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 3,760
  • pics04.jpg
    pics04.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 3,760
WOW :shock: That one is really really really nice!

...and Rody did a great job on that forks :p

BTW I do see some resemblance with this one:

FCticolorC660.jpg

Full review here

elev12k, well spotted! that magazine article has been the theme around the re-fit that i've been undertaking for the last six months or so. I want to post some puker pictures as soon as the project is finished. The bike is a 'runner' now, but I have to still source a nos/mint flite saddle, and as scant has noted either a blue moby or a ti syncros post. cheers. Also at the moment I'm running SS7 levers and would prefer grafton/paul, but I've completed so that at least I can roll around the block, sorry folks but this one is surely a 'garage queen'. cheers alan.

29.4 isnt the easiest size to find blue ringle or syncros ti posts. I've had zero problems with shims if thats an option :)

I remeber that MBA test.. er too well :oops:
"that liddle blue fat chance was a e ticket the first chance of the cranks... climbs like a helium baloon escaping from a 2 yr old.." etc etc ;)

scant, cheers for that, i've got a 29.4>27.2 shim that came with an IF frame that I'm not using in that frame, have you got a shimmed post in your Ti Fat? If so this could open up the search parimeters some what. cos i like a smaller frame with long seatpin, i've got a 420 fitted at the moment. thanx.

Back