1988 Jamis Dakota Competition...first ride pics page 2!

Like I said before, this looks great!
(and I let it go :cry: )
I have a black Sakea stem in good condition 21,1mm / 90mm long and some raise.
You can have it if you want to.

Jamis Diablo":34phd2i6 said:
Like I said before, this looks great!
(and I let it go :cry: )
I have a black Sakea stem in good condition 21,1mm / 90mm long and some raise.
You can have it if you want to.

Ooh, yes please! It was a Sakae swan-neck that I had lined upfor this to start with, but mines 22.2.
PM sent :D

Well, I had a busy day on the Jamis yesterday! Got the required tools back at lunchtime so removed the chainset from the Saracen.
It too was absolutely filthy so stripped it right down and gave everything a good clean!
With the chainset off I could look properly at the rear U-brake. One arm was stuck on the frame but I managed to free it up with some WD40 and some brute strength!
The problem was that the brass bush was stuck to the mount and stayed there when the brake body came away.
Got everything off in the end but it means some extra work on the brake before its ready to be re-fitted.
All cables are in place now and hoping to get the brake functioning today.
Got the front one on and working though, so heres a few pics of how she's looking....

DSC00904.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

I'm going to keep my eyes out for another XT U-brake thats in better condition than the current rear as its got loads of damage from chain suck

Just back from first ride :D
Went to visit Gran in hospital so took as detour along the beach on the way home (cant ride there before 6 because its teeming with bloody holiday makers :roll: )
Appart from a few front mech teething problems I'm really pleased with how its all worked out.
Cant shut the spare room door now, but hey ho :LOL:

DSC00914-1.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00924.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

Will do some close-ups and full spec in the next few days ;)

Wow looks great, I cant wait to see this in the flesh :cool:

Im glad you have built it up and ridden it as its certainly one to be proud of !

Thats 2 double U brake entries for Mayhem next year and possibly a 3rd on the horizon ;)

Back