Coolwall July 2010 - Nuke Proof

Coolwall July 2010 - Nuke Proof

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Uncool for me....

For me any query on short-term durability makes this an irrelevant question, particularly a brand that trades as being Nuke Proof - perhaps this was irony ?

COOL…
I love the design of the original carbon fiber hubs. Ok, they are brittle, but in the beginning of the 90ies, carbon fiber was a mysterious material

Cool.

I had a yellow stem in the mid nineties on my Pace and always loved the logo and name...

...until my 'friend' James, took the 'R' off and added an 'S' at the end, and I didn't notice for a few rides.

Quite embarrassing. He thought he was very clever.

Had to remove the word and left it as 'NUKE'.

I never did get round to doing another 'PROOF' . If only I'd known Gil_M then. :LOL:

mr_ship conclusively proved yesterday that Nuke Proof are still cool:

2010_0725repack0020.jpg

Take it from me and OrangeEd, that was some decent!

Soooo cool, I can remember drooling over the hubs when I was a young un, even the logo and name is cool

brocklanders023":xgluz2bi said:
Oh, and my pal just got a new NP seat post that was sold as being as good quality as a Thompson......... It's not, and has marked badly already. Not cool. :x

structually it is on par with a Thompson.... Agree that the anodizing could be a few more microns thicker though.....but for £50? Not a bad un

ringo":k5nd1z1e said:
Cool

Just think of the reliability issues as a half life :D

Well stated!

I vote cool, mostly for nostalgia's sake. That said, the one set of hubs I had were fine, the SS rear I have is fine. Haven't tried anything else, and maybe I just got lucky, but as a whelp reading mags and drooling over the materials and graphics, Nuke Proof was definitely cool.

Had my set for 12 years and loved them, super cool :)

Attachments

• Jun18004a.JPG
    Jun18004a.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 478
Back