Fat Chance Yo'Eddy 'harlequin' - update (15/8/2010)

glad to see being made up. JUst one detail should the QR levers be on the green side?
Looking good :D

Lovely frame & forks but wheels kind of spoil it for me, would have gone with 32/36s with silver spokes for a more 'retro' look.

wheels are just to get it rideable, im hoping to find some ceramic rims with ringle hubs or similar.

if it was me i wouldn't want to ride it in an intermediate phase. I would get it built up exactly how i want it first. If it took 10 years i wouldn't care as its such an iconic bike. Met dave h a few times, nice guy if a bit grumpy.

i never do.......unless i buy a bike complete, id never be happy with it fully.

i almost sold it as it sat in a box in the spare room and i just had no time or interest.

so now it will be used for gentle cardio work and going to the gym and around the streets, hence ideal for a single speed, ride it and forget about it setup. one reason i needed newer cheap wheels so retro goodies wont be worn out or clock up wastefull miles.

a fat Ti is getting finalised for my retro rider, that will be better for all weathers and conditions rather than spoil the steel yo eddy, especially as it has history.

marin man":oilhqi5m said:
That looks grrreat :cool: one question,could you please tell me the model number of the shimano wheels :?: ie;m7 :?: :?: Thanks.

hubs have M535 on the bud.

saltyman":3e12j9ie said:
wheels are just to get it rideable, im hoping to find some ceramic rims with ringle hubs or similar.

Ah, that's more like it :D

;)

as you will soon see, when the bike is built, it wont be wearing anything shimano too.

hence i want some decent retro wheels/hubs.

update:

should have pauls brakes, and cook bros crank this week now ;)

Latest posts

Back