BOTM September 07 - Single Speed machines !!

will try and do a better pic tomorrow, bike very dirty at the moment, unless dirty is ok to submit

also about to install a new headset

Raleigh Torus titanium with SIDs

Attachments

• torus2.jpg
    torus2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 4,203
  • bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 3,661
Ok, here's my entry, Orange P7 with semi-horizontal dropouts (no need for a tensioner!).

After several years away from bikes got back into it in seriously in 2004 and this was my first eBay 'project'. I had little idea what I was doing (didn't consider steerer length when I got the fork, axle length when I got the b/b, length and rise on the stem) but it worked out perfectly even if it would have been cheaper, but less interesting, to buy an Inbred.

The P7 was ridden at Mayhem in 2005 and 2007 pretty much as it is. Changes from this year are different tyres (not for this competition, the ones I used at Mayhem were too wide and everything clogged with mud wearing away the paint on the chainstays and inside of the forks) and red brake levers and Crudcatcher.

This one remains arguably my favourite bike to ride.

Attachments

• P7 dropout.JPG
    P7 dropout.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 4,170
  • P7 rear.JPG
    P7 rear.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 4,170
  • P7 front.JPG
    P7 front.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 4,170
My SS P7 is wearing orange wildgrippers too! :) I was going to take some photos of it now that it's wearing shiny girvins & a few other polished bits, but having seen the standard of entries so far, I don't think I'll bother going to the effort of cleaning it etc!

Post it Ziggy - if it's SS then it's worth it :cool:

How long have we got? Does a pic of a collection of bits count? ;)

can i put my faithful xizang up please?
cheers!
:D
gt1.jpg

Ok.. I'll throw down. Here's my singlespeed work/commuter bike. Its a 1993 Trek 7000, re-stickered 3D racing. Rev Xs, Maguras, Race Face, etc.

DSCN0972.jpg

Another doggone it here too - waiting on a wheel bing trued and a bottom bracket turning up in the post, but may have to put it together with rubbish chainline just for a pic to enter in time as it would be a pain to miss out on this!

whats the cut off point for entering?

the bontrager should be finished by friday, otherwise its the voodoo for me.

Back