Carlton Corsa 68-72

Spokesmann

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
This is one of my favourite rides, since acquiring this bike and rebuilding it, Ive done close to 1,500 miles on it. It has been used for commuting and a little touring. It normally carries my panniers. Ive been giving the bike a general once over and clean today. All is well this machine save for a broken front spoke - easily fixed even by me!

This Corsa dates somewhere between 68-72 a time when Crespera lugs came in (replacing the Capella type). Its a little difficult to give the exact date as Carlton decided not to use a letter prefix for these 4 years, not until around 72/3 did they start to use the W prefix and a totally new numbering system was it possible again to date each bike to year and month of manufacture.

This machine was purchased from someone who used to ride it, but gave up and decided to leave the bike outside under a cover of some description. Whilst affording the upper part of the bike protection, the lower half suffered hence the marks on the paintwork. It has the best examples of imichrome decals I have too. The Corsa has all the nice features of the day - Weinmann branded brakes, GB bars and the lovely polychromatic mauve paintwork. Frame is 21" which is a tad on the small side for me but I have the saddle positioned quite high.

Since my ownership Ive fitted a Brooks Champion B17 narrow saddle, new tyres some replacement wheels (the old one were shot, shame as they had large flange hubs which had been ruined by exposure the elements), a 12v Miller dyno, LED lights, my old Continental's Shimano rear mech and Pleischer copy rack.

Anyway here are some pics for that are interested.

P7300796.jpg

P7300789.jpg

P7300774.jpg

P7300785.jpg

P7300791.jpg

The 12v dyno has a lot of resistance on the wheel
P7300779.jpg

P7300792.jpg

P7300793.jpg

P7300795.jpg

P7300780.jpg

P7300776.jpg