Ti Mega (AlpineStars)

Yes tinitn,
It is a small sized frame..well..I to be hones I've never noticed those kinda Front Mechs before...are they made specifically for e-stay type framesets?

You'd have to remove the headset thats on there and replace with a normal one. That headset is designed to fit the alpinestar threaded headtube that goes from a 1 1/4" to a threadless 1 1/8" - bizarre!

I'd love one of those too if the price was right...

This just goes to prove you shouldn't believe everything you read. Nuked the pic to avoid any confusion.

Just to clear up the front mech issue..........

Sorry 'Mr Zero' the road bike braze on style won't fit, it's designed for road frames that have the mounting tab sticking out towards the drive-side/chainset i.e. at 90 degrees to the chainline.

'Retrobikeguy' is correct in what he says about the clamp on style - basically you bung the clamp and bolt the mech onto the tab. There used to be a special curved threaded plate that went behind the tab and the mech bolted into this - this then allowed angle adjustment of the front mech. An M6 nut works fine though, ny-lock is best - just takes a bit of fiddling :)

And how am i so sure..............lets just say i've got first hand knowledge ;)

Back