Not finished yet but getting there...

First was the frame

1997 CAAD2 Cannondale frame. Light as a feather. Bought from KevH

dale_frame_374_199.gif

and some lovely close ups:

cdale_007_copy_211.gif

cdale_008_copy_206.gif

cdale_005_copy_828.gif

When it arrived - all i had to do was find a new BB and give it a little polish...

IMG_2809-1.jpg

Popped a Cane Creek S2 headset in (thanks Taffy) and some random stiffy forks off my Zaskar (thanks LGF)

IMG_2811-1.jpg

IMG_2812-1.jpg

Next came the stem from my little Bontrager collection I've been building up:

IMG_2817-1.jpg

IMG_2818-1.jpg

Rear single speed system put in place. All new unfortunately but pretty cheap:

Gusset micro single speed converter (12t / 13t), Gusset Bachelor tensioner - all from CRC

IMG_2816-1.jpg

Wheels are my favourites: Mavic XC717 black with DT Black Spokes. Rear hub DT Onyx, front hub Specialized Stout

IMG_2814-1.jpg

Tyres Maxxis Detonators as this is going to be my 30mile daily commute super-machine

Next Cranks:

Lovely T606 Bontragers (thanks Deveron53), with a Truvativ GigaPipe BB (thanks Deveron!)

The nice bit is a lovely but bloody cool Middleburn 36T ring. Bought new from CRC, arrived this morning and got me a little giddy

IMG_2815-1.jpg

Up next, bars. Race Face Evolves (thanks Deveron) but going to keep the Bonty theme going and replace when my new purchases arrive

IMG_2819-1.jpg

Controls? Had to be some nice Speed Dial levers (thanks Taffy)

IMG_2820-1.jpg

Some simple but nicely themed Deore V Brakes on the front and back

IMG_2824.jpg

Saddle - temporary off my Zaskar (selle royal) with GT seatpost - Bontrager post in the mail somewhere and a Bontrager saddle bought off the bay - should arrive next week

and we have the near as dammit pics: :cry: :( :? :roll: :eek: ;) :) :D :LOL: :shock:

Front
IMG_2824.jpg

Back
IMG_2825.jpg

and the money shot (for me)
IMG_2823.jpg

Chain i've got, sexy looking Gusset Slinky half link in Silver. Can't fit it yet as I need crank bolts for the cranks - can't find any at 10mm - anyone got any ideas?

So, things to come:

Bontrager race saddle
Bontrger race lite seatpost
Bontrager race litle bars

(all black of course)

There's some play in the headset, i think i need to fit a new star nut, so no riding yet until it's finished.

I know it's black - very black but i kinda like black. It's light as hell (compared to my Karakoram) so it should go like the clappers.

Shout at me and tell me what you think - any suggestions or improvements I'd be very interested to hear

Trickylad

Absolutely gorgeous! :D
I know people rag on SS's but I have one for around town, getting to work and back, alot less maintanence and things to go wrong, especially when your racking up the k's.

thanks chief
am going to reserve judgement until i've ridden it.
going to have to wait a couple of days before i can do that
i actually got the inspiration to do it off this forum - seen some lovely and light looking SS bikes.

P bones were the later model to the pepperonni. Cannondale in-house rigid forks.

FST4RD":2zkauyw9 said:
P bones were the later model to the pepperonni. Cannondale in-house rigid forks.

They're nice. Characteristics? Light? My FA no name forks are pretty heavy which is a shame given how light the bike is now.

should do the job nicely, looks great too.

get it weighed, it must be around 20lb id guess, when the chains on etc.

Back