A mind cleared

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Choose rigid fork. Head out. Need this today. No sleep. Crave space. Find it in the shape of rolling downs. Hills climbed, fork choice good. Dry chalk, rocky decents even - regret fork choice, but will come into it's own up the next one. Asking for all the help I can get today. See a tractor and a combine having a chat as they stroll across the field together. Can't get Hi-de-Hi theme tune out of my head - (all JV's fault). Stop look and listen. Mark territory. Watch deer. I'm invisible. Must be the Discovery Channel camoflauge. Head home. Big geared, mind cleared. Nature let me borrow a little piece of her today. Promised to return it next weekend.

Attachments

• grass.jpg
    grass.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,680
Wake up 6.30 a.m., red wine headache evident. Feel slightly sick. Grab cross bike. Enter woods. Feel wide awake now. Head down, climb hill. Birds sing, sun plays. Only sound rasping breath. Enter singletrack, whoops narrow tyres. Concentrate hard. Decide to change name to Karl Hungus. Crash through brambles, arms and right leg bleeding freely, mud sprayed up back. Stop at top of woods. Drink water. Listen to heartbeat. Look at watch - aagh, will be late for work. Whiz home on the road. Eat slice of strawberry cheesecake. Go to work.

Eeek! Wu's turned into Mint Sauce!!

I really should follow yer lead and get out while summers' still about, instead of sitting at this keyboard drinkin' tea...........

Bagsy I be Coleman........

Mint wasn't the only one wandering about the downs making friends with nature all those years ago. I see him every now and then and we do speak the same language, but he always goes his way and I go mine. :D

Sorry, may have come over as attempting oneupmanship above, was really only trying to describe this mornings attempt to get rid of red wine head.

I clearly wasn't thinking as I grabbed the first bike to hand and talk of bleeding etc. is not fierceness but a lack of ability to get out of the way of plants (riding into trees is a regular feature of my offroad rides although in my favour is that it is in a wood).

Ed - nice to have you at the Baiku party. Liked reading about your morning so far.

You and your blooded legs. Mayhem all over again? Ha ha. (not funny really is it - blood.)

:)

Get up. Scratch balls. Get in car. Shout at rubbish road users. Get to work. Go to toilet. Wash hands. Leave toilet. Sit down by desk. Check retrobike. Get radiated by Monitors. Get up. Go to Car. Drive home. Rant at road users. Get in house. Feed cat. Sit down. Open up retrobike. Get radiated by laptop. Think about riding. Go into garage. Fettle. More fettling. Unwrap parcel. Wrap parcel. Go to toilet. Go to bed.

ededwards":3trn5dl8 said:
Sorry, may have come over as attempting oneupmanship above, was really only trying to describe this mornings attempt to get rid of red wine head.

I clearly wasn't thinking as I grabbed the first bike to hand and talk of bleeding etc. is not fierceness but a lack of ability to get out of the way of plants (riding into trees is a regular feature of my offroad rides although in my favour is that it is in a wood).

Sounds perfect both you and Wu's ride. Compare to mine - Shower, glass of water, cycle through West End traffic - tube not working - madness can't move fast for cars, bus and other cyclists getting the way. Why cycle in London if your going to be scared? breathed some trucks fumes-yummy.Got to work later than usal.

jez-2-many-bikes":246we0vw said:
Get up. Scratch balls. Get in car. Shout at rubbish road users. Get to work. Go to toilet. Wash hands. Leave toilet. Sit down by desk. Check retrobike. Get radiated by Monitors. Get up. Go to Car. Drive home. Rant at road users. Get in house. Feed cat. Sit down. Open up retrobike. Get radiated by laptop. Think about riding. Go into garage. Fettle. More fettling. Unwrap parcel. Wrap parcel. Go to toilet. Go to bed.

LOL.

Aggression issues, radioactive paranoia, toilet obsession and mysterious parcels...

...you're a therapists wet dream Jez.

Ha ha.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

woken up by kids. "I want breakfast" mantra of youngest. get kit on, straighten buckled wheel. feel cool air. ride down hill. zip in and out of traffic. adrenalin buzz. slipstream bus for a couple of miles. more adrenalin. brake lights in periphery of vision. work. well not really. look up campsites near 7 Stanes for weekend. finally figure out can bypass retrobike blocked website by using www.hidemyass.com. hurray!!! anticipation of weekend to come. can't concentrate on work. probably bugger off home soon.

Back