Modern take on a retro build Mountaincycle Moho

Anthony":2qxp6rvt said:
I think that's a very high-quality development. It looks much better with the Bomber, partly because it looks like an assault course with the rigid fork. I think I would last about ten minutes on that version.

The only thing I would change is a shorter stem, as the Bomber is so much longer than the fork that a 97 frame will have been designed for (the zeroish bb drop is a giveaway of that). I think all retro frames need to be given short stems if a longer fork is fitted, so as to regain the original handling characteristics.

you're not wrong, i definately need a shorter stem, just need to find the right one,
have seen a nice carbon riser bar/stem combi, but its a bit on the pricey side

Alex Creasey":2h5lihuo said:
Really nice and tidily done :). I'll be doing something modern once my San Andreas comes back from the painters :).
if you'd like dome graphics designing, i'll see what i can do for you :)

Wel just waiting for Gill_m to give me the proofs of the San Andreas and I should be sorted :D. It's just about ready to buildnso should be sorted in a matter of a few weeeks :).

Cheers.
Alex.

dyna-ti":3huxkzsh said:
Mono6 on what looks like a 160mm :shock: :shock:

Skidtastic :LOL:
well spotted
the Brake Therapy is only designed for a 160mm, i checked with the designer, originallt i wanted a 180 and would've put an adapter on but it wasnt recommended
and what nicer than a hope floating rotor :)
the Mono6 was chosen as it was the cheapest hope post mount available on ebay at the time hehe :)

latest pic

taken today after a clean up, a shifter transplant and fitting of my Avid Rollamajig off one of my other bikes

Attachments

• moho.jpg
    moho.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 2,578
This is sort of making me wish I'd not given my Moho away. Although it did have a crack in it ;-)

i've just got myself a shorter stem, a red Hope 110mm, so slightly shorter than the syncros
so far it seems a better position
also picked up some Ti bolts for fitting the Brake therapy adapter and blanking the RH seatstay pivot hole
no pics as yet as i'm waiting for some red washers to compliment them

JuniorTandSyncros015.jpg

hopestemonmoho.jpg

Are you afraid to cut that steerer or you like those bars to be that high?
Stem looks very good on it, but that really long neck of black spacers underneath is a bit distracting.

Back