Retro looking Kona Jake! Now SOLD !

stedlocks

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ive put my Jake on Ebay for £425 or best offer, but will sell it to RB'ers for £400 Including postage to the UK.

Its spot on, but hurts my knee, no matter how much I fettle with the saddle/stem combo, I can't get it right......

Its done less than 500 miles and is in very good condition.....a couple of minor scuffs....one on the rear stay and one on the fork leg, plus a tiny mark on the main 'Kona' graphic......miniscule marks that will probably polish out.

Its a 54cm and I am 6' tall.....perhaps I should have gone a size bigger :oops:

Anyway, I am after a steel framed road bike with the funds, so will consider a part ex on a Ribble/Dolan/ Columbus tubed Italian jobbie.......

oqf8rp.jpg

How do these size up relative to a standard road bike. I would normally be ok a 54cm road bike (I'm 5'8" and 31" inside leg) and can't decide whether the Jake is too big for me or not.

I should have got a bigger size to be honest, but I loved the look and 'feel' of the 54..... It's probably the cause of my sore knee.
I always ride smaller mountain bikes for off road stuff and thought it would be similar, seeing as it is cross bike..... I mainly used it on the road or dirt tracks..... I had a couple of runs through my usual off road trails and it was faster than any mountain bike until it got to the real rooty stuff...... You are welcome to come and have a go if you like.....it's a fun machine!!

I have a 54 2010 Jake and it's bloody brilliant. I have a 31 inch inside leg and I'm 5'8". I've swapped the tyres for road to train for a long road ride but I can't wait to get it back on the singletrack in the winter.

It's an ace bike and that's more than a fair price.

(and I don't know the seller :LOL: )

Have a 'nice bike bump' :D

I robbed them off an old 60's racer I had in the cave............. :LOL:
I thought they went well with overall look of the jake.......they get a bit clogged in the mud though ;)

Can't convinve myself that its the right size and you're too far away to come and try it so I'll pass.

Back