Klunker project - now finished!!!!

Dr S":2cxunb5s said:
Well done!!

Now get out there in your best flannel shirt and garden gloves and give it some serious sideways hammer :cool:

you joke but i just bought a fat tyre flyer shirt!!

I dropped Alan bond a line from the klunkers site to thansk him on his tips. he was keen to check out this site. i though of asking if he would put our bikes on his site if they were good enough. you still got yous?

biglev":1831g389 said:
you still got yours?

Yeah, still getting used too. Nice patina to the frame now with a few cracks and chips in the paint. They get better with age and use.

Took it out for a 25 miler to the coast and back on Wednesday night with the locals on their modern bikes. How they laughed when I rolled up to the starting point. I soon showed them the power of Klunk :LOL:
They are surprisingly capable machines I could keep in front all night.

4839161732_09f5bb3c22_b.jpg

nice photo.

i have only doen one ride on mine. but was supprised how well they handle. mine is 33lb so not too heavy.

May be next year i will come over and try a UK ride.

Carry on Klunking!

legrandefromage":3c0jcals said:
Cracking!

But needs:

a42ea08b-b347-474d-8a62-110ce68759c9.jpg

I hear what your are saying fella. The brooks i have on there i have had for a long time and was lokkign to run it on a rig. i tried it on my 87 overbury and did nto look right but i think i looks good on the klunker.

I will try a few more miles on it then i may decide to go fro springs :shock: ;)

Cheers
pete

If any one wants to build one i am happy to give tips and where i got some of the parts, although there are some great documents builds on here already.

Back