Retro Klein Quantum II Roadbike - Now Sold

Jez, this may feel a little diddy for you. :?
My current roady has ~58cm TT
My Trek 56cm felt ok at first, but realised after getting used to road stuff it is too small really

Looks lush though :D

mmm. Again we'll see. Im comparing it against other frames in terms of size. That seattube looks massive in terms of the height above the rear tyre ( I know its not the ideal way of measuring things) so it really comes down to length of stem and top tube i guess.

I know roadie bikes measure up different to mtbs but its worth a go.

I never rode a road bike before I got my slingshot and while that is too small compared to what I have been told I should ride I love the upright position and find that the more stretched out roadie bikes painful to ride - you'll love it Jez, even if it's only used as a pub/pootle bike. I'm just trying to sow the seed out doubt in your mind and then I'll jump on it!

looks very much like the 51cm frame (frame number may tell) which would be the smallest size they have made. has an (even) shorter top tube than the XS Attitude. but i have a hard time resisting a Moonrise Klein too ;)

cheers, carsten

I have already said once ... but just to repeat ...

It measures up at 52cm c to t so would have been about 54cm before I cut off the seat clamp section.

This would make sense as the actual top tube is 54cm c to c - effective of about 55/56.

Dave_H":3utul5tt said:
I have already said once ... but just to repeat ...

It measures up at 52cm c to t so would have been about 54cm before I cut off the seat clamp section.

This would make sense as the actual top tube is 54cm c to c - effective of about 55/56.

Klein did not measure them along the seat tube but perpendicular to the top tube from top top tube down to center bb. that's why the Klein size is smaller than the standard size. the top tube of the 51 would be 53.5cm c-c, the 53 would have a 55cm top tube c-c.
it looks like the 51 but i am not 100% sure. the serial number on the underside of the bb shell may contain the frame size as first number.

cheers, carsten

Back