bbc4 now! Story of bike

Repack Rider":1c9jzwk1 said:
Lot of people say Joe Breeze is a nice guy, which is true.

No one says that about me. Damned with faint praise.

That's because it doesn't need saying CK. Everyone who ever slung a leg over a mountain bike owes you a huge debt of gratitude for your outstanding contribution to the sport. We all love you to bits dude!

Gushing but true ;)

Sat and watched the whole last night.

Really good actually, Rob Penn's entusiasm for the bicycle was infectious. It may not have been the most exacting and accurate analysis of the history of the bicycle but it was entertaining which often counts for more.

Think both CK and Joe came across really well in their segment.

The book is also available on amazon, click here. Slightly confusingly titled 'It's All About the Bike' as opposed to 'Ride of My Life'.

Gravy Wheels made me go out and build a front wheel. And I was patient, its just about the most perfect wheel I've ever built thanks solely to this program.

Great RB advert too.

Quick screen capture for you all ;)

20100729rideofmylife.jpg

Has anyone read the book as yet?

Really great programme, I watched it last night after Sky+ing it :cool: Rob Penn is certainly gifted with infectious enthusiasm, I hope he does more cycling TV stuff.

Really enjoyed the Claire Balding one on our stretch of Exmoor as well, I was at the beer festival she came to 'on the way', lets just say don't believe what you see on TV ;)

Will :cool:

with respeck to John, the torrent link might be handy for folks outside the UK, iPlayer is not available outside the UK :)

Back