show us your Rocky Mountains!

Hmm , this seems like the pretty boy section....

These bikes don't even have dirt on them. Are they ridden on paved mountains?

Now HERE is a Rocky Blizzard that has ripped up the best terrain Canada has to offer: The Rocky Mountains, North Shore Mountains, etc., etc. (oops, never made to Moab; Oh well.)

1993 Rocky Mountain Blizzard 18.5": for sale by original owner.

This bike has been set up to conquer any mountain. All components updated since purchased; lower gearing for climbing any service road or goat path.
Canadian hand built "hard tail" frame, in great shape. Shimano XT with Thumb Shift (rare?). Rock Shox Judy up front. Eyelets on the back for a rack. Custom seat, rear fender (removable), crossbar and steering stem covers (to protect the "nads"), handlebar ends, (bear claw) clipless pedals (ride with normal or cleated shoes).

Attachments

• blizzard 001.jpg
    blizzard 001.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2,578
Re: Hmm , this seems like the pretty boy section....

stacey":3km7e4sz said:

:LOL: can't speak for everyone, but yes, unfortunately my steeds tend to see a lot more pavement then dirt. not easy for me to get in some decent offroading on a regular basis as i have to drive before i can ride. :(

but maybe we lot here also just tend to tidy up our bikes after each ride and before pics. ;)

welcome and thanks for contributing to this thread! :cool:

stacey":3fjhjq3n said:

Now HERE is a Rocky Blizzard that has ripped up the best terrain Canada has to offer: The Rocky Mountains, North Shore Mountains, etc., etc. (oops, never made to Moab; Oh well.)

1993 Rocky Mountain Blizzard 18.5": for sale by original owner.

This bike has been set up to conquer any mountain. All components updated since purchased; lower gearing for climbing any service road or goat path.
Canadian hand built "hard tail" frame, in great shape. Shimano XT with Thumb Shift (rare?). Rock Shox Judy up front. Eyelets on the back for a rack. Custom seat, rear fender (removable), crossbar and steering stem covers (to protect the "nads"), handlebar ends, (bear claw) clipless pedals (ride with normal or cleated shoes).
They do say people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, so perhaps they should also say a man with a flat tyre shouldn't denigrate other people's bikes!

Seriously though, I think those 1993 Blizzards look way better with their original (but fragile) wrap-round decals as in the example shown below. If you search here, I think you might find somebody (maybe tiboltrider?) managed to get some replacements made (possibly by Gil_M?). The point being that the white to black fade is far too crude to be worthy of a Rocky Mountain, but that's only because it wasn't intended to be on show.

Attachments

• 1993 Blizzard frame size 19.5.jpg
    1993 Blizzard frame size 19.5.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,542

Anthony":gxtlf3xl said:
Seriously though, I think those 1993 Blizzards look way better with their original (but fragile) wrap-round decals...

If you search here, I think you might find somebody (maybe tiboltrider?) managed to get some replacements made (possibly by Gil_M?). The point being that the white to black fade is far too crude to be worthy of a Rocky Mountain, but that's only because it wasn't intended to be on show.

Agree with the wrap around decal comment! :cool:

Thanks Anthony but it wasn't me - yet! :LOL: My frame still looks like this >>>

Attachments

• zzz small Blizzard.jpg
    zzz small Blizzard.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 2,535
An update on my '94 Blizzard on page 2. Now an overgrown BMX play-thing, probably the most used bike I have at the moment! :D

Attachments

• blz1.jpg
    blz1.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 5,102
beepbeep":mgopkuxa said:
An update on my '94 Blizzard on page 2. Now an overgrown BMX play-thing, probably the most used bike I have at the moment! :D

My gawd, what did you do to the poor thing! :LOL: all jokes! ;)

RockiMtn":wmptc9n8 said:

I bought it last year - as a tired, forgotten, ex-racer that had been sitting outside for a decade and injected some fun back into it's life! ;) :LOL:

beepbeep":1bhj696q said:
RockiMtn":1bhj696q said:

I bought it last year - as a tired, forgotten, ex-racer that had been sitting outside for a decade and injected some fun back into it's life! ;) :LOL:

don't matter what it looks like or built with, as long as it's getting ridden, that's all the matters! ;)

Here's my contribution to this thread ...

Attachments

• Retrobike 1.jpg
    Retrobike 1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 5,013
  • Retrobike 2.jpg
    Retrobike 2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 5,012
  • Retrobike 3.jpg
    Retrobike 3.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 5,013
  • Retrobike 4.jpg
    Retrobike 4.jpg