WANTED: Large steel road/touring bike (incomplete is OK)

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Toe in the water - I may be looking for a steel framed bike for commuting - my current titanium bike (MTB converted to 700c) is just too harsh and uncomfortable.

I have a set of 700c wheels, so won't be needing them, but the rest I could do with.

Size 25"-ish/60+cm - not sure with road bikes (I've never had one).

Guessing a touring type would be best for comfort on a 13 miles commute in each direction?

What you got? Purchase may depend on selling aforementioned titanium frame to fund it.

Think I need something a bit more complete unfortunately, haven't got the time (or knowledge) to do a great deal of parts assembly. Anything else?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have a Peugeot frame going. See the link in my signature? Or the Coventry Eagle if you want something more hardwearing (and theft-proof? :LOL: )

Obviously it will also be a bit incomplete for you at the moment, but I could put a bundle of parts together for you if you like. For example, I've got Weinmann calipers, Shimano drop bar levers, indexed downtube shifters, GB drop bars (this is what I was thinking of doing with that frame if it doesn't sell). PM me if you're interested :)

What are your wheels?

Back