FS- WEEKEND OFFER!!!- Specialized, Mavic, Hope, Flite

Hi. I'm probably being overtired and a bit thick but does your "on hold" reference mean "pending payment" or have you changed your mind about selling ?
Also, you are welcome to ask whatever price you like, but I suggest the price on the wheels might be a bit on the high side. Happy to be corrected on that though.

..although as you've included cassette they aren't far off. By the way, are you saying price is with the contis ? If so, what is the price without ?
Free bump too ;-)

Hi,

Cheers for bumpage!

Yes, "On Hold" was meaning I haven't received money yet. The rear mech buyer is waiting to find out whether it can be run with a 7 speed without problems (anyone know?) Perhaps "Pending Payment" would be clearer, no?

The wheels, as with all the pricing has been a bit of guess work on my part and some guidance from someone with a bit more knowledge than me, but again no oracle;) I'm happy to discuss offers on everything left. To be honest, i have no use for the tyres and would rather give them away with the wheels. How does £65 posted sound?

I think that is a good price and you should get some interest on the wheels. I have had to put off a long-standing build idea that I was thinking of using them for I'm afraid. If they haven't gone soon though drop me a pm and I might go for them anyway (monitoring finances closely at the moment).

I am definitely interested in your Thomson stem if still available. Although its not retro it will suit my p7 fine (originally built for the wife then discovered its about the right height for her but too stretched even with short stems).

Oh, and on the xt rear mech question, is it long cage (sgs) mech or short (gs) ?
If the former I would be a bit surprised if it didn't work ok with 7-speed. Its the shifters that largely determine the horizontal position of the mech over the cassette. I think its ok to use mechs across different speed setups e.g. I've used 9-speed in 8-speed setups ok.
The issues to check though are as follows.
1 Can mech cope with the range of gears that it will be used with (difference in number of teeth) ? - If long cage mech, then answer is nearly always yes.
2 Don't mix mechs and shifters from different manufacturers as actuation ratios may screw things up (with just a few exceptions), so this mech is ok if used with shimano shifters.
3 The correct speed chain must be used for the cassette as chain widths differ between setups. Also the chain must be an acceptable width for the mech. I've never had this cause a problem, but best thing is to check the width of the new mech cage against the old one being replaced.
4 The different number of teeth on jockey wheels can sometimes make setting the b-tension adjustment screws tricky when a mech is used in different speed setups than it was designed for, but I have managed to use 8 speed mechs in 7 speed setups before and 9 speed mechs in 8 speed setups.
Hope this helps.
Could always check by asking in the "chat" section.

No problem. I'm at home on paternity leave hence time for posts when the little chap is sleeping (random hours of day and night !).
Just the stem for now please. Can you PM me your details for payment ?
Ta :)

Weekend Offer To Clear.

Stem now SOLD

OK, As I've commited to a new Bike I need to move this stuff on.
So, for this weekend only you can have,

Frame and Wheelset (as listed) for £200 + postage

Grips and bar ends for £10 posted

If unsold by Sunday eve, I'll be listing on the E(vil) bay.

Bargainous!! I'd rather this stuff finds a good home!!

Back