Single speed. That lovely bikes that make us suffer

mamadirt wrote:
LOL - not a lot of standover on that is there?

Standover clearance = room between the top tube and your bits :oops: . . . I only have short legs ;)

Loving that Jones though even if I could afford one my impatience would never cope with the long waiting list :( .

mamadirt":16rddkbt said:
mamadirt wrote:
LOL - not a lot of standover on that is there?

Standover clearance = room between the top tube and your bits :oops: . . . I only have short legs ;)

Sorry, now I remember the meaning. I saw it in many bicycle catalogs in the size zone.(the contest usually tell me the meaning of the words )

Well, my project could be a reality. I have seen a Megamo equipe pro in my local shop. It´s a 1995 frame make with the best tange cromoly. the size is 16.5, a bit small for 1.70m but it could match. AND IT´S NEW.

The color is similar than this lovely black seep. Look at the XTR cranks, looks prety.

madjh":mvsicuxo said:
Ziggy":mvsicuxo said:
Right - that's it. My P7 is becoming a single speed, & there's nowt anyone can do about it! :)

Take some photos we are waiting for that evo :)

I'm evidently not very patient & it ain't very pretty... needs some new forks (might go back to rigid for a while, but it's the only hardtail I've got - other bikes are 2x rigids & 1x FS!), a damn good clean & some much better photos, but it's all single-sped. :cool:

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

Looking good Ziggy . . . watch this space for my Clockwork in a similar vein. I'm impatient too - frame is sitting here looking lovely with a satin black paint job, have all the bits waiting or in the post (ebay and visa are a wonderful thing ;) ) and hopefully I'll be able to get a set of decals from Gil, but my lovely chrome forks need an extra 1 1/2" of thread and the mechanic in my lbs is on holiday until next week . . . :evil:

My much loved 95 Kona Explosif singlespeed which got "Nil points" in BOTM :cool:

yo2ybx.jpg

Track dropouts added when the originals snapped

Another Rohloff bike...

y3b2hv.jpg

my Nicolai Nucleon :p

That nucleon have seven gears, it´s not a ss.

The Rohloff sistem and the other ( I don´t know the name, it is a continous gear, some thing very strange) is what I want but it is very xpensive and the nexus of shimano is similar. It looks like a ss but it is a hub with 8 gears. The Rohloff has 14 speeds.

THE SISTEM IS THE NUVINCI Really a good idea. The problem is the weight and the price.

I found the article in spanish and germany. Google it and you will have in english.

<<Pues el invento de DaVinci de hace 500 años atrás es un sistema de "cambio continuo" de engranaje, en donde no hay una cantidad específica de cambios, sino en el cual hay un rango de cambios desde el menor al mayor, y existen todas las posibles variaciones de por medio. Ahora, en vez de hacer cambios empujando o halando una palanca entre una posición y otra, lo que haces es simplemente girar gradualmente el mando de cambio de la bicicleta para aumentar o disminuir la potencia de los pedales de forma totalmente gradual.

Según la empresa, esto tiene aplicaciones no solo para bicicletas, sino que para vehículos eléctricos, tractores ligeros, equipo agricola en general, coches y hasta turbinas de viento.>>

Here's one that showed up on eBay a while back. Not mine. Thought it was kick ass enough to save on my hard drive. Enjoy....

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 732
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 732
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 732
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG