Just for fun - what road bike for £5k?

mavesyn":12cc3pff said:
Send my measurement, to Mr Zullo, pantagraphed everything, dripping with campag :) ..
Pick it up myself, then a fortnight cycling round lake garda..........
MMMMMMMMMMMMM heaven... :LOL: .

Attachments

• web-3.jpg
    web-3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,377
Something in titanium, a custom Potts maybe? I would hang the latest Shimano of it too! I've had my fill of Crapnagolo just recently.

I know, Mr Edwards, lucky for you, yours is much to big for me, otherwise it may have gone missing one night. :LOL:

Ps........
Are they as good as i think they maybe?.

Trouble is most of my dream bike's, frame makers are dead, Masi etc...

mavesyn":27s9brvb said:
Ps........Are they as good as i think they maybe?

At the risk of sounding like a smart arse, they ride really nicely but I can't say that they are any better/worse than a similarly well built quality tubed bike that fits - in the end for me ride quality, given the above, comes down to pride of ownership and the undefinable 'feeling'. And on those criteria the Zullo certainly scores as highly as any, perhaps higher as you don't see too many around.

I'll add another gratuitous photo and a bit of pantographing...

Attachments

• web-2.jpg
    web-2.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,340
  • web.jpg
    web.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,340
Kirk Frameworks would get my money. :cool:

Hardy_hi.jpg

tokoloshe":e4qt3gfc said:
Kirk Frameworks would get my money. :cool:

Hardy_hi.jpg

Interesting. In Holland we never had a tradition of frames with such level of decoration and also today it would be impossible to get people buying something such decorative.

Right on, that frameset is a little extravagant for me, too. I prefer his fillet-brazed work, and his new decals look much more modern. The paint-job is up to you and Joe Bell. :)

Back