Spooky Bandwagon

KeepItSteel":2clcfsh8 said:
awesome build and awesome bugs!

whats the age of the other? love the interior colour scheme.

My first car was a 67 1500. Missed out on a completely rot free 71 Bus last year, another aussie import with lovely bleached paint.
been kicking myself ever since.

Cheers mate! :)

The beige one is a 64 with a pre 63 registration plate which it's always had for some reason, never worked out why. Gave it a name though ;)

Had the interior ordered from West Coast Metric. The original was dark brown/cream/stripes but was showing it's age so had to be replaced with something different. The original stripped material was no longer available unfortunately, think the new scheme brightens it up a whole lot more.

Nice model year's the 67's. Always wanted one when i first got into VW's, they make cool cal lookers with their mix of earlier body styling and later interiors :cool: Great with the 1500 gearboxes too.
Had a 69 as my first... we had some fun with that thinking back now :D Would have loved to have owned a Bus! and that import sounded cool with the paint like that, shows they've had a good life out there.

Aeronaut":2fe18n1b said:
Would like to see more pics of it if you have any, and any info on the frame as i notice yours has more of a gloss finish, plus it has bottle mounts. Didn't know they made them with those.. What year is it?

Sorry for the late reply - I tend to flit in and out of retrobike depending on the age of my current project - back at the mo' due to a buy-it-now incident with a damaged 2001 Intense Tazer (watch this space) ;) . No idea what year mine was - I bought it off ebay and only kept it for a month or so. It was pretty dull looking when it arrived so the gloss finish may be the result of over-enthusiastic polishing ;) .

Wish I'd held onto it but a girl's gotta move on. Yours looks fantastic! :cool:

haha no worries! but thanks for the reply :)
I think i may have seen your 'old' one for sale on there at some point thinking about it, shame you had to let it go for something else.
Good luck with the new build, sounds fun ;)

A few more bits on this week namely a Raceface bottom bracket together with the chain device and a new chainring from Porkchop BMX :) Also added an orange MRP roller i had spare, nicely matching the forks with its blue bearing covers.
New brake pads are in, brakes bled and adjusted, everything greased and torqued waiting for something to happen. A pair of cool Chromag skewers (Cheers Owen! ;) ) are there ready for the wheels also adding a subtle splash of colour, coordinating with the rest of the gold that sprung up out of nowhere.
Some silver V12's are on their way.

Quite chuffed with how it's progressing :D

DSC01398.jpg

DSC01400.jpg

DSC01402.jpg

DSC01403.jpg

Aero,

Fantastic frame, and sweet build so far...looking forward to seeing it complete.

Cool to see Spooky love all the way across the Atlantic.

here's a shot for inspiration:

bandwagon1.jpg

cheers,

Steve

You're taking your time with it! Excellent project though. I remember seeing them being jumped in the magazines, never got to own one though. Good choice of parts too :)

Cheers Steve, Hopefully this one will finish up on a par :)

I really like the look of that! it's certainly inspiration if ever i need it. Just goes to show me how it should be done... nice one!
Lovin it in red with the silver :cool:

Thanks for posting it up!

EarlofBarnet":2hv2yrt8 said:
You're taking your time with it! Excellent project though. I remember seeing them being jumped in the magazines, never got to own one though. Good choice of parts too :)

Cheers :)

I know it's just funding it that is slowing it down, i really wanted it done next month too but i can't see it happening. I've got to the more expensive bit now too! its frustrating
Pleased to here the parts i've selected are meeting approval though. Kinda been making it up as and when really with whatever takes my fancy, although i had a rough guide of what i was looking for.

Back