bbc4 now! Story of bike

just watched it, :cool: i have to say i am surprised by some of his choices as to how he decided to build his bike.

for example, going to america to get wheels built, not that he wanted a specific guy to build them but that he chose royce hubs and DT swiss rims but talked as if they were supplied from america. makes me wonder if he took the parts to get them built there by Gravy as opposed to getting the parts from him, just curious. i also wonder if when buying his king headset they asked him what hubs he was using?!! :LOL: having said that though it's cool to use royce hubs, i have promised myself a set one day :D

the thing i really liked about it though was you could see he was a bike nut, it was very obvious, most of the time when someone fronts a bike related programme the presenter is just that, a front, and that is what ruins it, not in this case though which is very cool :cool:

also i am really glad he went to see joe breeze and charlie kelly, really makes me want to go to OWMTBC11 now!! :D i checked my 2011 rota and i haven't got the time off but i have already checked with the other guys and they will swap! hows that for keen!!! :LOL:

bbc 4 ride of your life

Top programme...top fella. Do we know if Rob's on the site yet, would be really good to hear from him.

I have the same thumbie T in grey, when I saw it I was shouting at the telly....He's got a Retrobike T on, He's got a Retrobike T on.....the missus smiled at me in that special way!

Didn't know it was a series, roll on next week, the bike was very nice, not my perfect build but the journey to get it was as good as it gets, particularly riding with Charlie and Joe.

Could Joe possibly be the nicest bloke in cycling? Every single photo, interview, magazine feature I have ever seen has such an infectious smile beeming out from it. He looks like the happiest guy on earth. He is just so enthusiastic. I'm becoming a real Joe Breeze fan!!

Joe breeze and Charlie Kelly ripping down repack was awesome.
Bike was pretty cool but 30mm of mis-matching headset spacers?!

I know it was only an hour and the story was elsewhere but it would have been nice for a bit more about the repackers and the other 'names' that were involved...

maybe for another programme...

i thought it was funny when CK was taking the piss by saying joe doesn't ever swear! you know joe has hurt himself when he crahed because he'll say "oh dear" or "my goodness!" then you know it's serious!

:LOL:

bigdawg":1ty2ujx2 said:
I know it was only an hour and the story was elsewhere but it would have been nice for a bit more about the repackers and the other 'names' that were involved...

maybe for another programme...

Check out the film Klunkerz :cool:

http://www.klunkerz.com/

Back