Has anyone seen.....

gaf16":1xvjkxn3 said:
to be honest, i should have included retrobikeguy's manitou fs in my list of cool full sussers.

about as good as it gets in my opinion.

manitou800.jpg

Yep, among the nicest. Definately.

You thought FS was only for MTBs? Not so ...and this one defines uglyness pretty well.

Those kind of luxerious bikes sell pretty well overhere. FS, diskbrakes, computer controlled suspension and gears! Pricetag 2800 euros. Personally I would allocate the funds to a nice Rivendell.

the turner burner/ xce hasnt really changed much in appearance since its inception in 96. The turner stinger with the pull shock / K2 razorback were a tad different to the classic turner profile & deffo good looking in my eyes, very racy looking :)

Vicious / titus bad bikes? (or did I read that wrong?) Not great looking from a classic retro smoothlines standpoint but definately good bikes... I assume thats what you mean ;)

..but hell, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. Jez is appaled by the merlin newsboy, & its 1 of my fave looking bikes :)

Soo... whats the verdict on this then

1943-1.jpg

Personally I love the look of it but feel its a bit of a waste. For me the advantages of Ti are that it will last a long time, so its worth paying the extra $$$ for a hight quality frame like a merlin because you're going to keep it so long. But suspension designs are so much more susceptible to change that a high quality Ti frame doesn't make sense to me.
Steve.

Edit - stolen from singletrackworld sea otter report 3 if anyone wants more info.

suspension does seem to be calming down slightly, the turner XCE design hasnt really changed v.much since its inception in 96! My worry with that bike (as mentioned by my mate rob) is any potential warranty issues given ABG & elsworth have some of the worst customer service...
aside from the awful decals it looks alright tho :) would have prefered a fully ti frame myself ;)

I think it is a greater challange to combine elegant steel and ti with often burly suspension systems

Back