1996 Eastern Woods Research (EWR) E-Motion B2 Team Issue

i almost didn't say anything :oops: :oops:

i love ewr's but this particular design just reminds me of a ladies bike.

as i said i love the build and love the frame :D :D

whats the history behind the brand? never heard of them till i came on here......

jamabikes":2h4vp76l said:
i almost didn't say anything :oops: :oops:

i love ewr's but this particular design just reminds me of a ladies bike.

as i said i love the build and love the frame :D :D

whats the history behind the brand? never heard of them till i came on here......

It's all good. The EWR frames definitely aren't for everyone. :)

Check out Neilll's writeup on the history of EWR http://www.goatsurfer.com/ewr.html. He mentions only 75 E-Motion B2 frames were built, and much fewer were painted and raced for the EWR team like this one. :cool:

congrats! nice score on such a rare steed.

sorry to say that i too am not so keen on the geometry. :( really like the look of the OWB for some reason.

EWR

Would just love one of these frames, but as they only made about 150 before folding, they are all rare! Being a short arse the low standover would suit me so well.
Imho these boys were years ahead of their time and buyers back then just didn't get the point of the geometry, belive they were ferociously pricey too?
Got to agree with Pickle on the Canti front though, Canti brace forks and Mafac bridges sat redundant always make even a class bike just look like a botch up. A set of Frogglegs would work as well if not better than the Pauls, be much lighter and look the part, despite being modern, alternatively how handy are you with a hacksaw and diamond file :twisted:

RockiMtn":rlk7psdg said:
congrats! nice score on such a rare steed.

sorry to say that i too am not so keen on the geometry. :( really like the look of the OWB for some reason.

Thanks. I still have my sights set on an OWB, but this frame popped up first. When I found this frame there was also a newer used OWB for sale locally at half off the retail price, but it just wouldn't have been the same as owning one of the "original" OWBs. ;)

World Ranger":rlk7psdg said:
Would just love one of these frames, but as they only made about 150 before folding, they are all rare! Being a short arse the low standover would suit me so well.
Imho these boys were years ahead of their time and buyers back then just didn't get the point of the geometry, belive they were ferociously pricey too?
Got to agree with Pickle on the Canti front though, Canti brace forks and Mafac bridges sat redundant always make even a class bike just look like a botch up. A set of Frogglegs would work as well if not better than the Pauls, be much lighter and look the part, despite being modern, alternatively how handy are you with a hacksaw and diamond file :twisted:

I agree - I don't think the frame design was accepted by the masses, and the prices didn't help, either. I'm loving the extremely sloping top tube. The effective top tube is a little shorter than what I'm used to, but I actually like the way it feels.
Ha, I know what you mean about the V brakes on a canti-brace fork. I'm seriously considering pulling out the hacksaw, but I need to get another brace as a backup in case I bugger up this one. :)

Keep the comments coming!

You did a great jog with that build! Very Nice! :cool:

I dig the Manitou also.:cool:

Don't you love it when you hear that your bike has a little bit of history to it? When EWR showed up online with a new website a few years back, asking for reader rides submissions, I submitted my white OWB and Jay said he thought I had the only white one they made. :cool:

The drive side is the same Steve, I assume they are shaped that way for maximum crank arm clearance. My 89 cannondale is the same.

Superb frame and very classy build by the way mate, I admire your taste. :cool:

Thanks for the kind remarks! :)

Fenton is correct about the chainstays. They were built that way for clearance.

Attachments

• Crank.jpg
    Crank.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,432
Back