GT Borrego

blimey charlie!! exactly the same ride i had until summer '96, beautiful british racing green - the mutts nads in my opinion. not much of a mechanic myself but my old borrego never needed any attention.. just like my old karakorum of '90/91..

damn bike theives :evil: ! done well mate

Lovely Bike, a Borrego, hmm don't think I've seen this model.
Does anyone know the full range of the GT family of atbs fron entry level to flagship back in the day?

Beautiful clean lines. Borrego? Wasn't that one of their top-end steelers ( True Temper? ) before it all got ti and stratospherically expensive?

As far as I could recall, the GT Psyclone was the only frameset made with True Temper Steel, correct me if I'm wrong...The Borrego is indeed one that I've not come across :?

There can't be many of them about - I've had it 13-14 yrs and have never seen another!!

Wish I'd kept all the suntour groupset now :(

Cypher":1m1pzon1 said:
As far as I could recall, the GT Psyclone was the only frameset made with True Temper Steel, correct me if I'm wrong...The Borrego is indeed one that I've not come across :?

Wrong!

Psyclone was only fillet brazed frame.

Other TT frames:

Avalanche
Richter 8.0
Bravado
Karakoram
Timberline

I think I have a review somewhere of the Borrego if you want me to have a look?

ohh boy,my mistake, well thats as far as my memory could take me, not very good with GT I'm afraid.Thanks for the info, I do have an Avalanche Al-Terra in white w Black stripes, but that was made of Tange Prestige Tubing.. :?

Yep, that's the 91 version. After that it was TT - until the shitty Alu waste of space came along...

BoyBurning, a magazine article on the Borrego would be interesting to see! Photo copy would be good - let me know and I'll send u a (bluepeter voice) stamped addressed envelope :D

Back