cycling on tv tonite

Awesome! Also,

Tomorrow 22:30 is Belleville Rendez-vous, which is great.

I also watched Britain Goes Camping last night, which has loads of early cycle touring clips in the first bit (the camping pioneers also turned out to be cyclists). Well worth watching!

onegaishimasu":2z0bb9xh said:
Awesome! Also,

I also watched Britain Goes Camping last night, which has loads of early cycle touring clips in the first bit (the camping pioneers also turned out to be cyclists). Well worth watching!

I think you'll find camping has been around a lot longer than cycling, but most people in TV think the world started with cinematography and was mostly in black and white. ;)

GarethPJ":1jtlz4ke said:
onegaishimasu":1jtlz4ke said:
Awesome! Also,

I think you'll find camping has been around a lot longer than cycling, but most people in TV think the world started with cinematography and was mostly in black and white. ;)

Sure! They were talking lightweight camping, one man carrying all his stuff kind of thing... :)

I remember reading once that the introduction of the canal network opened up camping to a wider audience. People with small boats and canoes would go camping along canals in areas where this hadn't been possible before. The inference I drew from that being that camping was already quite common where rivers were navigable.

I'm a canoist and rower as well as a cyclist.

The Tommy Simpson program

is death on the Mountain.

My mate made it - it's a fantastic film (but I am a little biased!)

Mike

Back