another road newbie annoying sizing question....

KeepItSteel":3c3iavwc said:
Truoble is im sort of an odd size too, im 6.1" but only a 31" inside leg...so I have a long torso.

Yowser! That is a short leg!

One thought... other than getting a fit done and possibly going custom (you can get a decent lugged steel frame made for around £500 if you look) is to look at time-trial frames, lo-pro or otherwise. Quite a few come up on ebay. As someone else pointed out, you need a relatively short seat-tube & head-tube, but a long top-tube. A TT frame will have this, as well as steep seat-angles (which increases the effective reach to the bars, in other words increasing the apparent top-tube length). Fix this by getting a big-layback seat-post (to get your bum in the right position, which will be far back on a frame like this) and you should be away.

Regards,

Yes 6.1" with 31" inseam...not ideal when finding bikes to fit.

Im getting there though!
I have my MTB's dialled in so just trying to suss my road geometry.
Ive gone for an XL On-One frame for my latest build which according to them works out as a 57cm frame.
My initial opinion is that it looks large, but when im sat on it, it looks fine. Just obviously very little standover available... but how often do you put your feet down on a road bike right? :LOL:

Im torn over whoch length stem to go for though.... I think with the additional reach of the hoods on a drop bar I wont need one as long as I tend to use on MTB's, however, road top tubes are shorter.

Think ill just have to suck it and see.

standover

man, you need a safe clearance...one emergency dismount and you could be ruined for life ! ;-( shudder....... :shock:

Ive nearly perfected Sumo like levels of bo***ck retention now...

What with the tight lycra shorts, I can suck the whole lot up and end up looking like Old Gregg.

Back