1964 Carlton Flyer

Spokesmann

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Hi there this is my first post! I was directed here by another cycle forum, as their stuff is a little too new for me! Well most of it!

Just a few detail pictures of my favourite cycle. Ive tinkered with lots of bikes over the years, but this was the first I'd ever built up from just a frame and forks. Mostly NOS or good pre-owned parts. Frame size is approx 22" (in old money), mostly Campag components. Still looking for a decent and reasonably priced Gran Sport Chainset, so until that day Ive got a 2007 Campag Veloce set up which works very smoothly and runs on a sealed BB spindle.

Bike is only ever ridden in dry good weather and gets more than its fair share of glances... must be the colour or me!:LOL:

I'll get some better full shots soon.

This was taken soon after I built up the machine, Ive since changed one or two details....

MIKESPICS134.jpg

MIKESPICS001-1.jpg

MIKESPICS004-1.jpg

MIKESPICS014.jpg

MIKESPICS013.jpg

MIKESPICS012.jpg

MIKESPICS011.jpg

MIKESPICS010.jpg

MIKESPICS009.jpg

MIKESPICS008.jpg

MIKESPICS006.jpg

MIKESPICS003.jpg

MIKESPICS007.jpg

Apologies if Ive posted too many images! :oops:

My favourite too, purple and green, does'nt come to mind, when thinking of frame colours, but it really looks lovely.
Did you get the frame renovated by Henry Burton's?.

mavesyn":rywwn9k1 said:
My favourite too, purple and green, does'nt come to mind, when thinking of frame colours, but it really looks lovely.
Did you get the frame renovated by Henry Burton's?.

It was renovated before I got the frame and forks... Im not sure what the original colour way was.

Old Ned":38rldry1 said:
Same lugs and seat stays as my track bike.

I like the colour scheme.

Thanks, I think it has standard 'Carlton open' lugs.

I've taken a few more recent pictures of the bike today. Since the last lot of pictures I've fitted some rather nice Brooks leather toe clip straps. I also include a few detail shots of the bike. The bike is not mint, but is very clean and presentable but above all is ridden and is not a museum piece.

P7250648.jpg

P7250650.jpg

Chainset is 52/39

P7250651.jpg

P7250657.jpg

P7250663.jpg

Campag drop outs...
P7250664.jpg

P7250656.jpg

P7250667.jpg

I still use open ended brake block shoes
P7250658.jpg

P7250659.jpg

P7250654.jpg

Lamp still works (with special insert/adapter)
P7250655.jpg

P7250662.jpg

P7250666.jpg

P7250665.jpg

Love the colour scheme! An eclectic mix of old and new(ish) components which seems to work OK.

As a quick point, aren't the 'pointy' things you've got fitted to the inside front of the pedals supposed to go on the back plate to help you 'pick-up' the pedal with a quick flick?

Old Ned":8e04c8g2 said:
Love the colour scheme! An eclectic mix of old and new(ish) components which seems to work OK.

As a quick point, aren't the 'pointy' things you've got fitted to the inside front of the pedals supposed to go on the back plate to help you 'pick-up' the pedal with a quick flick?

Most probably.

Ive checked them and they do seem to be on correctly, they work for me and my pedalling style though! :LOL:

Back