2010 Singular Swift 29er (updated November 2010)

ferrit, how did you get on with the Brooks grips you originally had on it? Curious to hear your opinion, quite fancied giving them a go since they seem to match the brown Charge Spoon saddle quite well.

Also enjoying the various incarnations the bike has gone through :)

They were really nice, lovely feel, butfar too chunky for any serious off road riding.

I have since demoted/promoted them to my better halfs dutch bike which they are probably better suited to.

Did you try running your floating saw rotors with the carbon forks? I have those forks on one of my bikes and I've just ordered floaters for it.

I looked at the forks this morning and the standard rotors are pretty close to the dropouts so I'm worried they won't go on without catching. Those rivets that join the two pieces together look like they will cause me problems. :roll:

I can send them back but I would like to fit them, ideally. I'm thinking of shimming the hub if all else fails. :?

Had a bit of a shuffle parts wise again with the Swift now wearing my honey coloured Brooks Swift and Brooks grips. I have also switched my silver Middleburns over onto this as the black ones are now on my MrO.

The Soma Noahs Arcs have neen swapped for a set of Chromoly Marys which i really like the look of.

I could just do with finding some skin walled 29er tyres now.

Summer2010builds124.jpg

Summer2010builds126.jpg

Trailblazer, sorry I must have missed you question completely. I had no clearance probs with the Hope rotors and the carbon forks, although you probably have this sorted now.

Back