1985 ALAN Campagnolo Super Record/Shimano Dura Ace Road Bike

madmax

Dirt Disciple
I've recently uncovered my old ALAN road bike I've had packed away in the garage for 25 years. Only rode it twice before having a bad accident (on another bike) and now very excited to see it in such stunning condition. The years haven't worried it at all, cleaned up beautifully, rides like new. A lot to be said for buying quality. See all photos and close-ups at http://community.webshots.com/user/cranster63/albums
DETAILS - ALAN frameset. CAMPAGNOLO Super Record crankset, hubs, derailiers, shifters, seatpost, headset. SHIMANO Dura Ace brakeset, cluster. CINELLE bars and stem. SAN MARCO Rolls seat. MAVIC GP4 wheels. LOOK pedals. VELOFLEX Roubaix tubular tyres.

Attachments

• IMG_2171.jpg
    IMG_2171.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 3,392
  • IMG_2236.jpg
    IMG_2236.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 3,392
  • IMG_2218.jpg
    IMG_2218.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 3,392
  • IMG_2234.jpg
    IMG_2234.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 3,392
lovely!

but record brakes and some nice gumwall tubs would finish it off just nicely.
love those pedals! remember when they came out you couldn't get your feet out of them at the traffic lights!!

rusty :shock:

rusty bodie":1jmtjd4g said:
lovely!

but record brakes and some nice gumwall tubs would finish it off just nicely.
love those pedals! remember when they came out you couldn't get your feet out of them at the traffic lights!!

rusty :shock:
let me know if you get campag record brakes and want to sell the dura ace ones , they would replace the Tektros nicely on my otherwise dura ace merckx !

Keep the Dura Ace brakes - they work. Lots of people used to do the same back then because beautiful as they were Campag brakes weren't nearly as good at braking as Shimano.

Being a tester I kept my Campag ones - I mean who brakes in a TT anyway?

Mark.

daccordimark":3odk1hif said:
Keep the Dura Ace brakes - they work. Lots of people used to do the same back then because beautiful as they were Campag brakes weren't nearly as good at braking as Shimano.

Mark.

aye, the dura ace 7400 were the absolute business. too bad little snotty teenage snobs like i was wouldn't put anything less than campag on my bike!
lol
:?

daccordimark":20ij1ghp said:

Mark.

Especially on Boro'! ;)

I liked my Dia-Compe Aero's. No stopping power but looked great!

Alan - polishing technique

Hi, Nice Alan.
I've just bought one of these frames (yes!!!!!!) and am wondering what you used to clean/polish the aluminium frame.
I am thinking Autosol but worried that it might be too abrasive, thinking about just car wax or similar.
Any recommendations? Thanks.

Back