Herefordshire Road Ride - Aftermath

John":brt42hef said:
For those interest an overview of the route can be found here > http://connect.garmin.com/activity/41637863
Interesting reading indeed, especially the heart rate data - I reckon you should get on the international poker circuit with Victoria Coren as if you can give an enigmatic smile at 180+ bpm then you're definitely a player. That said, I've always preferred the mighty 'Alejandro'.

mrkawasaki":brt42hef said:
Sounds/looks good! Perhaps this event could become a traditional last day of the Tour event??

Will do this next time...
I can certainly design Le Petit Grimpeur if there is enough interest.

CAS":brt42hef said:
Look like great stuff in the usual edwards style!
I'm not completely sure whether that is a good thing or not.

Trash talking aside, thanks for the kind comments. It certainly looks as if this is worth repeating and I'll work on another route, or variations on this one, in the next few months.

ededwards":2t54fciz said:
Trash talking aside, thanks for the kind comments. It certainly looks as if this is worth repeating and I'll work on another route, or variations on this one, in the next few months.

Indeed, certainly think this event should become a 'monument' in the RB calendar.

ededwards":2t54fciz said:
John":2t54fciz said:
For those interest an overview of the route can be found here > http://connect.garmin.com/activity/41637863
Interesting reading indeed, especially the heart rate data - I reckon you should get on the international poker circuit with Victoria Coren as if you can give an enigmatic smile at 180+ bpm then you're definitely a player. That said, I've always preferred the mighty 'Alejandro'.

Good to see your down with the kids. The GPS HRM is a new toy, not worn one for a few years. When I used one more regularly (and was actually riding the bike a bit) used to see over 200, never clear if this was especially good or bad....

"bike of the day " ... thanks guys , a singular honour considering the quality of the steel on the road that day.

Just before they sprinted off up the next hill ...
01_rush_hour.jpg

I was so relieved when we got to a downhill bit that I took some photos :

02_its_mostly_downhill_now.jpg

03_dynamo_dave.jpg

04_we_are_not_worthy.jpg

05_no_publicity.jpg

06_eat_my_shorts.jpg

Good stuff all. A bugger I missed it :x

Off on a ride this weekend with the local posse instead...

Back