Pace collection now complete... RC300 content

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
... or is it? :LOL:

Any way, here is the very almost complete Pace RC300 which alongside my RC100, RC200 and RC500 represents the completion of my initially intended collection of Yorkshire made square tubers.

Specification:
Frame- Pace RC300
Fork- Pace RC31

Wheels- Hope Hoops
Rims- Stans ZTR Crest tubeless
Hubs- Hope Pro 3 XC3
Skewers- Planet X carbon/ti
Tyres- 2.1 Michelin XC AT

Brakes- Magura Marta SL
Rotors- Hope 3 bolt (how retro!) 160mm

Headset- Arcos AC3
Spacer- Generic 10mm carbon
Stem- Control tech
Bars- Easton EA70 (looking for a nice carbon bar eventually)
Shifters- LX 9 speed (will be swapped out for either pauls thumbies or silly light grip shifts)
Grips- Specialized lockons

Bottom Bracket- Customised Tune titanium hollow spindle
Cranks- Middleburn RS7 Duo, 44/32T Ti Skewer inplace of crank bolts
Chain- Shimano XTR
Pedals- Crank brothers egg beaters

Front derailleur- Shmano M960XTR
Rear Derailleur- Shimano M570 LX (currently but looking for an XTR or something more suited)
Cassette- Shimano M770 XT

Seatpost- FSA SLK Carbon
Saddle- Flite Titanium (no padding or cover :shock: )

I'll get it all weighed once I have made the changes I have mentioned, but it should be light!

P1020097.jpg

P1020091.jpg

P1020094.jpg

P1020093.jpg

P1020095.jpg

Now do I go for an RC250 for completeness sakes?

Yup! Liking it alot. How does it compare to the 200 and the 100? Hmmmm should I get another Pace? Dam you Jerky! Nice ride dude

The 300 is quite scary light up front, steering feels very direct. The frame does feel stiffer too.

I think I need to play about with chain line a little yet as the drive isnt perfect. Also I suspect I may need to swap out the rather nice tune BB for something else as I am getting quite a bit of noise from the BB/Crank interface.

To be honest the weight (or lack of it) in the wheels is probably the biggest difference between the ride qualities of the 300 over the 200.

ROb, glad you finally sorted the Rc300. Looks really well and FAST.

Nice Pace collection too :D

Cheers John, forgive me for not mentioning in the original post just how much of a legend you are for your earlier involvement in helping me source the frame. :cool:

Back