FS: big F&Fs and small F&Fs - super cheap!

djoptix

Senior Retro Guru
So I'm getting rid of a few things. Pub bike/hack frames and one nice one.

EDIT - after a couple of questions about delivery I'll set it at £12.50 per frame. This is using senditnow and I don't think that £2 really covers the hassle of boxing it up and waiting in for the courier, but if anyone thinks I'm being unreasonable (or knows of a cheaper way!) feel free to say so - I'll box it up for nowt if you want to arrange delivery :)

First off, the huge Peugeot. 25 inches, 700c sized. Carbolite 103 tubing, whatever that is. Nice and light. All threads OK. Pierced top tube brake cable routing and under-BB gear cable routing. Main bummer; the stem is stuck. Suspect it's a 22.2 that's been bashed into a 22.0 steerer. I'll probably saw it free but if someone wants to build it then I'd rather it was used! The stem is so solidly stuck I would have no qualms about riding it as is but... sold as seen. Takes a 23.4mm seatpost which you can get from Decathlon for a tenner. Has braze-ons for downtube shifters. Caliper brakes only. Generally nice construction and will come with the original BB, cleaned and greased. Looking for £20 plus postage for this, offers welcomed.

DSCF5162.JPG

And continuing my trend of buying gates, this beauty. It's badged "Coventry Eagle", model "New Yorker", and is handmade! In Taiwan. I don't know what the tubing is, so assume hi-ten, but it doesn't feel at all weighty. I can weigh it for you if you really want to know! 24 inches, and again, 700c sized. All threads are OK. Canti mounts. Loops on top tube for rear brake cable. Lots of pannier/mudguard/useful stuff mounts. Sale to include Kalloy post (26.0), seat tube clamp (rusty but in GWO), and headset. I'll throw in a BB if you want one too. And again, I'm after £20 plus postage,
open to offers.

DSCF5163.JPG

And, finally, a 54cm Raleigh Triathlon Criterium 12. 700c wheeled, and Reynolds 501. A bit tatty, as they all are, but a lovely frame. I wish it were big enough for me! All threads good. Caliper only. Sale to include fluted seatpost (not pictured) and headset. Looking for £30 plus postage. Sold.

DSCF5161.JPG

MY SELLING STUFF POLICY

If I'm selling items they may well be listed on Bikeradar, Retrobike and Ebay simultaneously. For this reason I always ask for dibs in the sale thread, followed by PM. In the unlikely event of two people on different forums wanting the same item at the same time, I'll go by whoever took dibs first. I don't hold items.

When items are on Ebay they will often be listed with a buy-it-now price. This will almost always be more than the asking price on forums because Ebay fees are so high. So, you'll get a better deal on the forum! However, I'll need a non-refundable deposit (or the full amount if I'm shipping) via Paypal gift if you want me to end the Ebay listing. This is just so I don't get stung for more Ebay fees if a buyer changes their mind! Finally, if someone takes an Ebay BIN while we're in negotiations then I'm afraid I have to honour that, as Ebay auctions are legally binding. While this might seem like I'm favouring the Ebay system, I will generally list stuff for sale on forums a couple of days before it hits Ebay, so forum types have a chance to get in first.

Happy buying :)

A quick-and-dirty estimate (using fat hybrid tyres on uneven ground :LOL: ) suggests that the standover height built up will be about 78cm.

djoptix":2eg3reqg said:
A quick-and-dirty estimate (using fat hybrid tyres on uneven ground :LOL: ) suggests that the standover height built up will be about 78cm.

drat! too tall and at 47 i dont think i will be putting on a growth spurt anytime soon.

thanks and good luck with the sale.

Rob, that Coventry would make a superfast hack... if it had horizontal DOs I'd have it for single speed :cry:

I know - shame eh. I did wonder about removing the Coventry forks and putting them in the Peugeot but the Pug headtube is too long. Ah well... tensioner?

Back