I think it's a '97 LTS DH?

Mark S

Dirt Disciple
To all on the board, I've asked a couple of questions before regarding the old GT models. I had actually purchased a carbon STS frame, but the deal fell through (I did get my money back - phew!).

I have now purchased this LTS which, by scouring the catalogues, I believe is a '97 LTS DH. The catalogue only shows the frame - is that how this model was sold?

Pleased to finally own an LTS!

Thanks, Mark.

Attachments

• GT LTS DH.jpg
    GT LTS DH.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 1,626
Hard to tell by the photo but it looks like it has the double bend in the seat tube which suggests its a 97 LTS DH. I think the LTS DH versions had been phased out by 98 when usurped by the STS models, although I could be wrong.

The 96 LTS DH had a single bend in the seat tube and the titanium linkage plates, wanted one ever since seeing pics of Michael Ronning riding a factory version!

I´t in fact an 97 Lts DH model, that came with a Judy Dh (not the DHO, that one came on STS-DH) and AC chainguide and crankset. It was sold as a complete bike or frame /crankset only.

Please forgive me, I'm still not clear on whether this is a '96 or '97. Help, confused. Regards, Mark.

Sorry, I should explain why I'm confused. We seem to have agreed that it was a '97, but the last post "same as mine" is a '96. Sorry for taking up so much time. Regards, MArk.

was 96 the last of the ti link plates then?

my mate had a factory anodised red LTS DH with the ti plates! Head angle was slack as **** for some reason. like a chopper!!
must be a rare bike - he said it was only 1 in the UK - if you see 1 it was stolen so let me know!!

I have done a little bit more research - I came up with the following theory:

'96 - post has the double curve. Large GT lettering is black with yellow edging.

'97 - post has the single curve. Large GT lettering is yellow with black edging.

However, the LTS DH in the '97 catalogue looks like the '96 described above.

Regards, Mark.

the original had 5.5" travel & had a titanium "curved" linkage, the 97' version had the alu cnc'd "flat" linkage with adjustable travel chips in the trunion mount.

i remember selling some of the first in the country, they did a frame kit that had single crown judy dh forks (ive got some :D ), ac chainguide/cranks & other bits i cant remember! but we sold quite a few!

i think they are actully quite important bikes, as developed by nico v. they were the first to have full-on DH spefic geomerty.

I'm certain the single bend seat tube came first (96) and the double bend came later (97). I remember when Michael Ronning and Nicolas Vouilloz started racing the first downhill specific LTS it was a single bend seat tube, and the production version didn't seem to change much when it was released.

In any event, the cnc'd shock linkage suggests 97 as I don't think they were around in 96.

The stickering also looks a little more modern than 96.

Summary - I'd be fairly confident its a 97 not a 96.

Back